Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sky TV picks (no Albion games)

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I have a mate who works as a journalist for one of the Main red tops who is very confident PPV won’t extend in its current form beyond the current trial. Bosses at BT and Sky reportedly unhappy at the PR damage. However, what replaces it he has no idea!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I think the best way to resolve this 'debate' about price and PPV is simple.

Let's just do away with the PPV option, so some games, those not picked to be on TV will not be available legally in this country. No arguments, problem solved for those that think PPV is a rip off (apart from those that want everything for free).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think the best way to resolve this 'debate' about price and PPV is simple.

Let's just do away with the PPV option, so some games, those not picked to be on TV will not be available legally in this country. No arguments, problem solved for those that think PPV is a rip off (apart from those that want everything for free).

That's already the case isn't it ? If you're watching a stream, it's not legal......

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
So cost to watch Albion at home for a season on the sofa

Now TV - £33 x 9 months = £303
BT - £10 x 12 = £120 (min 12 month commit)
PPV games = £15 x 20 = £300

£723, do I have that about right?

if you are only interested in watching Brighton then i would drop Sky and its 10 games and do that via now TV at £10 a pop so saving £203 ...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
if you are only interested in watching Brighton then i would drop Sky and its 10 games and do that via now TV at £10 a pop so saving £203 ...

Yeap, I think circa £500 is a cheapest possible by legit means. Nowtv can potentially be £5 a game if you share with a friend saving another £50.

With Sky & BT Box office it only allows 1 device to stream at once, so its £15 per household end of.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
Sky are offering this deal for new customers.

https://www.skyoffersnewcustomers.co.uk/bt-sport-with-sky-sports-deal/

You get Sky Sports, BT Sport, plus extras like Sky box sets in HD for £624 pa. Works out at £1.71 per day. That's cheaper than a coffee at a coffee shop, half a pint in a pub or a can of beer from a supermarket. Not exactly a rip off price when you can watch football matches from the major FIFA and UEFA leagues around the world, plus cricket, rugby, FI, golf, tennis and other sports.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yeap, I think circa £500 is a cheapest possible by legit means. Nowtv can potentially be £5 a game if you share with a friend saving another £50.

With Sky & BT Box office it only allows 1 device to stream at once, so its £15 per household end of.

well i might be wrong. just tried to book this and it tells me i need to have sky tv even though i am doing it from a pc logged into a sky account (used for now tv) confused....

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Has it been confirmed that the Burnley and Villa matches will be PPV? I've checked Sky/Albion/BT website and none of them specify or confirm a broadcast..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sky are offering this deal for new customers.

https://www.skyoffersnewcustomers.co.uk/bt-sport-with-sky-sports-deal/

You get Sky Sports, BT Sport, plus extras like Sky box sets in HD for £624 pa. Works out at £1.71 per day. That's cheaper than a coffee at a coffee shop, half a pint in a pub or a can of beer from a supermarket. Not exactly a rip off price when you can watch football matches from the major FIFA and UEFA leagues around the world, plus cricket, rugby, FI, golf, tennis and other sports.

And still doesn't cover PPV matches...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here