Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sky TV picks (no Albion games)

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Normally would be well pleased not being picked, but this now takes the piss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Really, Sky and BT Sport are absolute idiots. Far more people are likely to pay £14.95 to watch Liverpool vs Man City than to watch Brighton vs Burnley, so that should be the PPV game.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Really, Sky and BT Sport are absolute idiots. Far more people are likely to pay £14.95 to watch Liverpool vs Man City than to watch Brighton vs Burnley, so that should be the PPV game.

People are also more likely to cancel sky sports if they do that

Greeko

May 17, 2007
Eastbourne
Only if you're daft enough to pay it :rolleyes:

Getting fed up reading this view. I’m a season ticket holder who normally goes to about half the away games. I would normally spend at least a couple of grand every season following us I’m
currently spending nothing on the Albion. If the only way to see them is to pay £14.95 why is that daft?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Getting fed up reading this view. I’m a season ticket holder who normally goes to about half the away games. I would normally spend at least a couple of grand every season following us I’m
currently spending nothing on the Albion. If the only way to see them is to pay £14.95 why is that daft?

Same here.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

Because a lot of fellow ST holders are likely in a very precarious financial situation at the moment. So while getting most of the ticket money back does help, to then be expected to fork out £15 for certain games on top of Sky, BT and Amazon is quite frankly disgusting. I 100% agree when Barber and co say football cannot be a free product - but it should also be affordable, and they are starting to properly take the piss. It was working class football fans that helped save this club from oblivion - so to take us for granted now is an absolute disgrace.

The Albion does so much in the community we can all be proud of, but not voting against the PPV deal with Sky and BT has made me feel genuinely ashamed of the club. Only Leicester came out with any credibility by being the only club that voted against.

On the flip side it has meant fans have made huge donations to food banks as part of the boycott, and non league football is getting a much needed and deserved boost from fans wanting to spend their money in a place that doesn’t take liberties.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Certainly Sky seem to be showing the full matches a number of hours later/the next morning, so if you have a subscription to them you can see the match in full albeit delayed. Presume BT doing the same?

Of course it means you have to do a Likely Lads to avoid the score if you want to watch it "as live"

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Normally would be well pleased not being picked, but this now takes the

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Indeed, normally I'd be delighted that we'd not been selected for TV and we'd be getting a 3PM Saturday KO.

As Sundays are the spiritual home of the replacement bus service, I'm always vaguely trepidatious about games moved there.

Just hope when (if) things return to normality we don't have a legacy of ludicrous KO times for TV purposes.

Like half five on a Monday.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Certainly Sky seem to be showing the full matches a number of hours later/the next morning, so if you have a subscription to them you can see the match in full albeit delayed. Presume BT doing the same?

Of course it means you have to do a Likely Lads to avoid the score if you want to watch it "as live"

Wow, great news thanks for the update.

Just checked the Sky planner and Brighton v West Brom is on Channel 402 AT 11PM on Monday night,

I was thinking of paying for the game, but there seems little point now and I will avoid the result and watch late on Monday night.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Only if you're daft enough to pay it :rolleyes:

The penny will drop for some fans totally supportive of PPV a few weeks ago, that a small fortune can be paid in following Albion away games on PPV over a season. Often on top of already sizeable sums paid to BT and Sky.

Totally voluntary of course, but there’s a strong lure when you support the club.

[I’m talking about the long term, once we’re all back at the Amex. The PPV genie out of the bottle].

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I guess that the games between teams with big TV followings generate huge advertising revenues for Sky here and overseas. That’s how they’ve been willing and able for 28 years to pay £B’s to the EPL.

The far less popular other games (us) are now yielding PPV money, to replace otherwise modest advertising revenue from so few watching had they been shown as part of the Sky Sports package.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here