Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Der offizielle Freidat Trinkthread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Omnipollo AON Bourbon Dry And Wet Fermented High Altitude Ethiopian Coffee Bean American Imperial Stout 11%

That’s just a list of my favourite other drinks at various times of day strung together by a random generator right?

(Please tell me it actually exists and can be ordered on t’web)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This nearly fits into the thread title,* and I'm wondering whether [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] has got involved with this before but, after a Pastrana Manzanilla, we had some Rotgipfler from Johannes Hof which was fresh and Alpine and minerals and salts and flowers and delightful and cracking with crab linguine. Now onto some Querciabella Chianti 2015, which is nice.

*if Anschluss is allowed

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
What has happened to the world?

Two pints of a traditional Sussex drink down the pub. Downlands Old. It’s very good.

Then two bottles of Hophead purchased from the brewery this afternoon.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
This nearly fits into the thread title,* and I'm wondering whether [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] has got involved with this before but, after a Pastrana Manzanilla, we had some Rotgipfler from Johannes Hof which was fresh and Alpine and minerals and salts and flowers and delightful and cracking with crab linguine. Now onto some Querciabella Chianti 2015, which is nice.

*if Anschluss is allowed

Nope. Not had that! Will give it a go - thanks!

Sushi tonight (homemade attempt) with Rieslings and Junmai Daiginjos.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That’s just a list of my favourite other drinks at various times of day strung together by a random generator right?

(Please tell me it actually exists and can be ordered on t’web)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It certainly does exist. Omnipollo have a reputation for “out there” beers and the Aon series, a series of small batch brews the release from time to time, is at the outer edge of their range. They’re usually one offs, but they can get repeated.

Here’s the one I had https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/25314/411110/?ba=rex_4539

They currently have a few Aon Bourbons on their website including this Bourbon Bacon Burger
Brewed with 50 kg of actual bacon. (Not suitable for vegetarians. Amazing for everyone else.) - their words, not mine.
https://omnipollo.com/products/aon-bacon-burger

I went to a tap takeover last year and still have a few in my fridge

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Picked up some 440ml tins of APA and Trail Ridge IPA from the Dark Star brewery shop earlier. Sorted,

That Trail Ridge is nice...... Ice Cold of course !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here