Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U23s v Leicester tonight 7pm

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just a quick reminder that you can watch the U23s tonight on My Albion TV trying to maintain their unbeaten start. That is if you haven't already spent £14.95 to watch the two biggest teams in the universe play tonight, of course.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just a quick reminder that you can watch the U23s tonight on My Albion TV trying to maintain their unbeaten start. That is if you haven't already spent £14.95 to watch the two biggest teams in the universe play tonight, of course.

Ah Forest Derby ..fortunately Sky won’t be charging me extra for that one

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Ah Forest Derby ..fortunately Sky won’t be charging me extra for that one

You'll be fine as all Derby games are on the Sky Rooney channel. It has filled the Leeds shaped hole in their Championship coverage.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Out of interest, does anybody know how many over-age players we can play in the U23s? Not long ago I remember us having Steele, Crofts and Kayal in the team - was that the limit?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now he's finally worked his way into the first team squad I wonder if the lad Crofts will play.
I guess as it's 3 days apart he could play both.

The impudence of youth.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Out of interest, does anybody know how many over-age players we can play in the U23s? Not long ago I remember us having Steele, Crofts and Kayal in the team - was that the limit?

Crofts - Izquierdo i think at the moment , i thought we were allowed 3 but could be wrong .

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Now he's finally worked his way into the first team squad I wonder if the lad Crofts will play.
I guess as it's 3 days apart he could play both.

The impudence of youth.

Do you need to make this same joke every single time the U23s are discussed?

Generally speaking I wish we didn’t play him in these matches as it takes a squad place away from a youngster.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Jose played last time so would expect him to get some more game time. Maybe Wellback will get some minutes?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Generally speaking I wish we didn’t play him in these matches as it takes a squad place away from a youngster.

You don't get to 59,526 posts by only posting original content.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

From the PL2 Handbook:-

1234.jpg

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Wow! Up to 4 out of a team of 11 - that's quite a sizeable chunk! Wonder how many clubs will throw in a few first teamers if the PL2 title race gets a bit tasty!

Thanks for the info. anyway.

I'm not convinced that would necessarily have the intended impact: back in 2017 we played Stevenage in the Checkatrade Trophy with Tim Krul in goal and starts for Schelotto, Hunemeier, Rosenior, Izzy Brown and Jamie Murphy - we lost 3-1.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

You seem to be missing the point of why Crofts plays for the U23s. I’m sure he’s there to get a different angle on how players are playing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not convinced that would necessarily have the intended impact: back in 2017 we played Stevenage in the Checkatrade Trophy with Tim Krul in goal and starts for Schelotto, Hunemeier, Rosenior, Izzy Brown and Jamie Murphy - we lost 3-1.

Oh I don't know - the addition of Dunk, Lallana and Maupay or Welbeck could scare the pants off some U23 sides (plus I think we could also chuck in Lamptey without increasing our quota of over-age players)!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Ref is the husband of NSC's favourite female assistant.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here