Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Borat Sequel

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Found it a pretty hard watch , there are some good gags but mostly failed to tickle my funny bone , I can't imagine it will be winning any awards other than best decorated cake of the year .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yeah it’s no more than about a 6 because I’m struggling to even remember any of the real good stuff. Shocking yes, but you can only laugh at someone’s embarrassment for so long.......... We know what bit I’m talking about...... let’s me honest that would shock any people any where....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Having watched the bed / cock scene I’m pretty sure he was fiddling but did tuck shirt in too - but either way the whole thing was seedy and horrible. But not sure he knew the reporter was ‘15’ as it didn’t say / show if he was told - she certainly looked in her 20’s (which she is).

Very different film to the first, I liked it but not as good as the first for me.

Am curious as to whether the public scenes were genuine too - really couldn’t tell with some...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Vagina / period / m@sturbation jokes aren't particularly funny. They have shock value obvs, but if the writing isn't there then...its just pushing the boundaries for the sake of being as crude as possible to get that shock value and a cheap laugh.

And for most of it, it was clearly just actors acting "shocked". Which took me completely out of the whole concept of what these films, and SBC in his various guises, is all about. I'm amazed at the rave reviews for this film. Fell totally flat for me.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I was disappointed. Giuliani bit was funny but the rest all seemed fake.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Having watched the bed / cock scene I’m pretty sure he was fiddling but did tuck shirt in too - but either way the whole thing was seedy and horrible. But not sure he knew the reporter was ‘15’ as it didn’t say / show if he was told - she certainly looked in her 20’s (which she is).

Very different film to the first, I liked it but not as good as the first for me.

Am curious as to whether the public scenes were genuine too - really couldn’t tell with some...

Yeah I don't think they told him she was "15" in the scene and I don't think that was what the outrage was about. It was just exposing him as a letch and his abuse of power.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Wow, I honestly thought it was crap, fell very flat for me. The part at the Georgian Ball was clearly full of actors, which makes me wonder about the rest of it. The joy of the first one was that nobody knew of Borat, which made the scamming hilarious. This one though ? The two guys he stays with were clearly not being "scammed" at all, so it just led to a few scenes of pretty lame gags played out between them. "I believe Hilary drinks the blood of children" - I mean come ooonn. It had its moments, with the big headline payoff of Giuliani at the end (what a revolting creep btw, he made my skin crawl). And some of it is classic Borat in the shops and stores with their bemused but endlessly polite workers, thats where its at its best. But there was a lot of chaff to get to the wheat. When he walks into the church in his "disguise" I literally rolled my eyes.

I loved the first one. This one was bobbins.

Thank god I’m not alone.

I turned off after the Holocaust survivor, I thought he’d crossed the line there, especially in light of the fact that the lady has since died.

After a manic week at work I was really looking forward to it, maybe I just didn’t get the humour this time?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Didn't enjoy it much. A couple of scenes which are both quite tellling and have to be admired for the balls involved from the actors but that's all.

But I didn't enjoy the first one either, so I can't really complain, I knew what I was getting and it'[s clearly just not my thing. All far too unsubtle and too deliberately crass to actually be funny for me.

Whatever Guilliani was doing with his hands down his trousers becomes almost irrelevant when you watch the whole thing as he is exposed as such a nasty, creepy, dishonest little man just on the basis of what he did that cannot be disputed. But is that really news to anyone, given the company he keeps?

Also, if I was from Kazakhstan I'd be mightily upset (again). Not sure how he gets away with that.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The two guys he stays with were clearly not being "scammed" at all, so it just led to a few scenes of pretty lame gags played out between them. "I believe Hilary drinks the blood of children" - I mean come ooonn.

I loved the first one. This one was bobbins.

Very hit and miss for me too and I agree that those 2 were actors. However, it's not particularly farfetched that a couple of Trump supporters would believe Hilary feeds on the blood of children. Wacky as it sounds, the adrenochrome harvesting nonsense has a fair few dedicated believers. Curiosity led me to check out one of their many Facebook groups a while back- nutters doesn't cover it.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Whilst the ongoing plot scenes were laboured, the stunts they pulled were phenomenal. How many days did he keep up the character with the nutters in lockdown? How did they pull off the debutante ball and Gulliani scenes? A lot of hard work with some proper ballsy scenes. You can see their apoplectic joy as they ran from Gulliani, knowing what they'd done. Not a great film, but dedication to the project was unquestionable.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Was just about watchable. Character comedy rarely works over feature length, much better suited to sketches. And pretty obvious loads of it was fake, the camera was ever present in a lot of scenes. And abundant use of actors.
Those two hillbillies he joined up with? I didn’t buy that at all. 90% certain they were actors.
Don’t care much for the deliberate stirring up of controversy over Gulliani, yes he was being a creep but that’s exactly what they wanted and exactly why she was behaving like she was around him.
I think that scene will he looked back on as pretty sordid on behalf of the film maker. Though Gulliani was def being a horrible perv.

I laughed in places but well past it’s sell by date, we have all moved on.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Saw the film , hilarious. Sacha is a very clever man , went to Cambridge. Don’t be fooled by his silliness , he is clearly exposing peoples prejudices.

Yes, as we are all older than 9, I think we all get that.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I thought it was terrible. Which is a shame, as I enjoyed the first one.

It was like the whole reason for the film was not to make a good, funny film but to have a pop at Trump with clearly fabricated scenes which were just unfunny.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I thought it was terrible. Which is a shame, as I enjoyed the first one.

It was like the whole reason for the film was not to make a good, funny film but to have a pop at Trump with clearly fabricated scenes which were just unfunny.

Quite. The two hicks he shacked up with didn’t ask why he had a camera crew with him 24/7? Come off it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm in the 'meh' camp too, I'm afraid, for many of the reasons already mentioned. The two Trump supporters who took him in must've been in on it, same as the guy in the shop with the fax machine. It was all pretty predictable and laboured, IMO – and the main plot was pretty weak.

Watchable, but nothing that the world hasn't seen before, either through SBC or other people covering Trump and his supporters around the world. Borat's daughter was great and the twist at the end was good, but nowhere near his finest work.

The RG stuff was blown out of all proportion and the cynic in me would suggest that it was done to try and get more people interested in the film...

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I've just watched it. I thought it was excellent. I'm struggling with the naysayers because to me SBC created what he set out to do.

Guilliani is a doggy as fukk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here