Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Borat Sequel

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Some superb bits and the little twist at the end is very clever. Maria Bakalova steals the show.

Boring film fact. Sacha's brother Erran Baron Cohen did the music for this and The Bromley Boys. Told you it was boring.

This made me laugh.

View attachment 129700

Another boring fact, SBC’s other brother, Richard, is a qualified psychologist. (I studied his work in college. Varndean 02-04 anyone?) I often think SBCs work, particularly the earlier stuff when he wasn’t recognisable or famous, is quite similar to the social sciences. While very funny I also find it a revealing study of human behaviour.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Wow, I honestly thought it was crap, fell very flat for me. The part at the Georgian Ball was clearly full of actors, which makes me wonder about the rest of it. The joy of the first one was that nobody knew of Borat, which made the scamming hilarious. This one though ? The two guys he stays with were clearly not being "scammed" at all, so it just led to a few scenes of pretty lame gags played out between them. "I believe Hilary drinks the blood of children" - I mean come ooonn. It had its moments, with the big headline payoff of Giuliani at the end (what a revolting creep btw, he made my skin crawl). And some of it is classic Borat in the shops and stores with their bemused but endlessly polite workers, thats where its at its best. But there was a lot of chaff to get to the wheat. When he walks into the church in his "disguise" I literally rolled my eyes.

I loved the first one. This one was bobbins.

Well can see I'm in the naughty corner with you for ruining the fun! Found it all a bit laboured and meh...... It wasn't pants, but just a bit predictable and just not as funny second time around.

I loved both Ali G, Bruno and Borat (first time around).......... Maybe I've just become a miserable old ******* in last 14 years!, actress playing his daughter was very good and Giuliani is definitely trying it on with her, despite his claims of innocence.

Sounds like worth giving it a go for most as it seems I'm more in the minority opinion.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Another one who gave it a go last night and turned it off after half an hour. Didn’t even wait for the G scene, first time seen it is on this thread (thank you!). Wife and I thought it was boring, and also, here’s my problem with it...It’s so outrageous, people are so stupid, I simply can’t believe anyone can be fooled by it. I know they are, but I can’t believe it! Getting passed that in my head sucks the humour out of it for me therefore. Instead of laughing my head is spinning in puzzlement at how anyone can be taken in. The G scene is obviously a bit darker than than, a totally different discussion. It might be disgusting, but impartiality might argue it was entrapment too. Anyway, America is led by a powerful sexist white racist old man with an Eastern European bit on the side. It should come as no surprise one of his trusted aids might be the same as well.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Saw the film , hilarious. Sacha is a very clever man , went to Cambridge. Don’t be fooled by his silliness , he is clearly exposing peoples prejudices.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Saw the film , hilarious. Sacha is a very clever man , went to Cambridge. Don’t be fooled by his silliness , he is clearly exposing peoples prejudices.

Out of interest, how many people do you think really believe he is playing himself?

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Another one who gave it a go last night and turned it off after half an hour. Didn’t even wait for the G scene, first time seen it is on this thread (thank you!). Wife and I thought it was boring, and also, here’s my problem with it...It’s so outrageous, people are so stupid, I simply can’t believe anyone can be fooled by it. I know they are, but I can’t believe it! Getting passed that in my head sucks the humour out of it for me therefore. Instead of laughing my head is spinning in puzzlement at how anyone can be taken in. The G scene is obviously a bit darker than than, a totally different discussion. It might be disgusting, but impartiality might argue it was entrapment too. Anyway, America is led by a powerful sexist white racist old man with an Eastern European bit on the side. It should come as no surprise one of his trusted aids might be the same as well.

Aides. A-I-D-E-S.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Haven't seen the second yet but the original is up there with the funniest films I've ever seen and still enjoy watching occasionally.

Great success!

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Blame auto word tech. Its not a big deal.

Sorry mate it was only a joke. It’s not often you see the word ‘aides’ written down, and its misspelling reminded me of the South Park episode which centred on a misunderstanding based on the two words and their very different meanings.

It wasn’t an application for the spelling police, I promise!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Neil Shipperley must be kicking himself for not thinking of the old “I was just tucking my shirt in, officers” excuse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Just turned off after about half an hour, thought it was very forced and predictable. I think we all get that Trump is a ****ing clown, I really don't get why we have to make everything in our waking lives revolve around how awful he is. The first one was great just because of how stupid it was... I just can't deal with this politicising everything trend.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Always good to laugh at dumb Americans

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Watched it last night. Very underwhelmed after seeing the reviews. I think I laughed openly about twice? Yes it's meant to expose a certain side of America which we know exists anyway but primarily it's meant to be a comedy. I did spend most of my time wondering who was an actor and who wasn't as those who we were supposed to think weren't must have been...

And is he Borat or isn't he? The character was all over the place.

6/10.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here