Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Borat Sequel

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Been available on Amazon Prime since midnight, watching it tonight, anyone 'working from home' watched it yet?

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I saw it this morning and it was everything you'd expect from a Borat moviefilm - in its subsequent setting, it finds Borat returning to a Trumpian US&A, which he exploits well, with a couple of parts that focus on Mike Pence and Rudy Giuliani.... There's also a great bit of animation which you see a couple of bits of a Kazakhstan version of a Disney film with Donald and Melania.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Some superb bits and the little twist at the end is very clever. Maria Bakalova steals the show.

Boring film fact. Sacha's brother Erran Baron Cohen did the music for this and The Bromley Boys. Told you it was boring.

This made me laugh.

sdfdsf.JPG

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I have no interest in Borat, but can someone give an honest review of the Giuliani scene(s)?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was very good, better than the first one with a great twist at the end. Maria Bakalova was excellent

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Very enjoyable. Agree on Maria Bakalova. Liked the K. Spacey delivery near the end.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Absolutely hilarious - how he gets away with it I’ll never know. I guess waiting 14 years between films explains part of it

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Watch very few films, but did see the first one. This is superb.

Unusually a much funnier sequel. Less reliant on the actual set-ups and he is simply a better actor than 14 years ago. His co-star is brilliant.

Reminds of my Steve Coogan, load of characters but he nailed it with one.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wow, I honestly thought it was crap, fell very flat for me. The part at the Georgian Ball was clearly full of actors, which makes me wonder about the rest of it. The joy of the first one was that nobody knew of Borat, which made the scamming hilarious. This one though ? The two guys he stays with were clearly not being "scammed" at all, so it just led to a few scenes of pretty lame gags played out between them. "I believe Hilary drinks the blood of children" - I mean come ooonn. It had its moments, with the big headline payoff of Giuliani at the end (what a revolting creep btw, he made my skin crawl). And some of it is classic Borat in the shops and stores with their bemused but endlessly polite workers, thats where its at its best. But there was a lot of chaff to get to the wheat. When he walks into the church in his "disguise" I literally rolled my eyes.

I loved the first one. This one was bobbins.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Wow, I honestly thought it was crap, fell very flat for me. The part at the Georgian Ball was clearly full of actors, which makes me wonder about the rest of it. The joy of the first one was that nobody knew of Borat, which made the scamming hilarious. This one though ? The two guys he stays with were clearly not being "scammed" at all, so it just led to a few scenes of pretty lame gags played out between them. "I believe Hilary drinks the blood of children" - I mean come ooonn. It had its moments, with the big headline payoff of Giuliani at the end (what a revolting creep btw, he made my skin crawl). And some of it is classic Borat in the shops and stores with their bemused but endlessly polite workers, thats where its at its best. But there was a lot of chaff to get to the wheat. When he walks into the church in his "disguise" I literally rolled my eyes.

I loved the first one. This one was bobbins.

Different film me thinks, this has an actual plot.

It's quite a remarkable piece of film making on a techicial basis. Not sure what they set out to do exactly, but finding themselves filming the USA in the middle of a pandemic then turning that into something about the pandemic is quite a feat. Think about the timeline. To knock out something so topical.

I still wondering how exactly they pulled it off as well as mainly keeping it out of the press.

I suspect it will win a number of awards.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here