Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What was your first Brighton away game?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Not just my first Brighton away game but my first game ever - 20th January 1990 - away to Port Vale in division 2 as it was then - we lost 2.1.

Robert Codner scored our goal at our end and in my 7 year old eyes it was a top corner rocket from about 25 yards. I imagine it probably wasn't that good.

Despite being stood up all game in a virtually empty, freezing cold terrace watching no doubt some pretty terrible football, something magical grabbed me and I've been addicted to the Albion ever since.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Millwall away in Jan 1978 for me. Didn't know I was going until the morning then on the train to the old Den with my Dad. Won 1-0 Peter Ward and kept quiet coming out of ground!

Went back on 2 Sep and even better trip. Won 4-1 then remember sitting on train listening to Sussex beating Somerset in Gillette Cup final at Lords. What a day! 👍😁

Can you spot yourself? Apparently this is Brighton at Millwall in 78’

AD1486ED-4C17-4C66-AC5B-FC079E3F5250.jpeg

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The Priestfield era, if that counts?

If not the same season (1997) I think it was Mansfield away which was we drew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Leyton Orient 0
Brighton 2

3rd March 2001.

The day before my 7th birthday, and quite frankly jumping from the relatively safe surroundings of the South Stand at Withdean to an away end terrace packed with 3000 Albion fans was pretty terrifying. Don't have a great deal of memories from the game, in fact my main memory is being shocked by the state of the facilities. They were nothing like the rather normal toilet set-up of the Withdean portacabins. However most people would probably remember it for a frankly ridiculous Zamora backheeled assist.

Looking in to the match, it turns out Phil Stant made his debut for us that day, only a week earlier he'd been managing Lincoln against Orient. Got to be the only time that's happened in that order?

tigerbeesteve

tigerbeesteve
Jan 18, 2010
Bristol
Fulham 0, Brighton 1, 1979 promotion season

In the early 70's Dad had taken me to see Chelsea vs a team I can't remember and I'd been to Wembley several times in the '70s with school, but this was my first Albion away match.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Sounds terrible but really can't remember . Would have been very late 70s .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here