Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What was your first Brighton away game?

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Palace away c.1985/1986, aged 8. Henry Hughton broke Gerry Ryan’s leg. The ‘crack’ was audible from the stands. Danny Wilson’s leadership was very visible that day and made an impression on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
31 January 1961. 4th Round FA Cup Replay versus Burnley which Brighton lost 2-0. Burnley were one of the top teams at that time having been Division One Champions in 1959-60.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sunderland, Roker Park 1986?

Lost 2-1

It rained

Hooked!

My first and only visit there was in 1986 for the 1-1 draw in the August. Long way up on the coach and back.

My first away match was the cup game at Watford in 1984.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Wycombe Wanderers away in the league cup in 1993. It was 1-0 after the first leg at the Goldstone and we were superb winning 3-1 I think. Could have been 10 we missed a load of chances.

I also won the quiz on the Costa Express coach home.

Bingo

Jul 27, 2014
Seaford
West Ham away in March 83. Lost 2-1 after Gerry Ryan gave us the lead. A seventeen year old Tony Cottee scored for them.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Ipswich 1980. 1-1. c.400 Albion fans.

17 year old Gary Stevens scored last minute equaliser with a pile-driver into the top corner from about 45 yards out.

Having got the bug my Dad was persuaded to take us to The Dell two weeks later where we lost 5-1 in pouring rain. I think Wardy got the consolation goal with a tap-in..? That was probably a few people’s first away game...

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Like my first ever game I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it was Palace away 1977. I think we lost 3-1 with Vince Hillaire scoring twice (I definitely remember bits of the game, especially him scoring), but my abiding memory was being chased by Palace fans after the game.

I was only 9 at the time.
That was mine too. In with the enemy. Remember some Fawcett boys being marched back from the Holmesdale,heroes at school on Monday.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
1991 - Liverpool away in the FA Cup. 2-2. Mike Small pen, Byrne diving header and Johnny Crumplin with John Barnes in his pocket.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Chelsea FA cup replay away in 1965 I think. Went up
In a coach from Worthing with my mum
And Auntie and got there late and gates shut, so the men broke the gates down and we got in the shed end. Lost 4-1 I think, I remember the smell of tobacco everywhere and it was pouring with rain.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Southend United Division 3 September 1987. Lost 2-1 and there was a bit of dancing in the corner of the away end.

Me and a couple of mates from school got completely hooked and did a load more aways that season. Brentford, Gillingham and Aldershot particularly "interesting".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here