Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Concrete Plans

WillJewell

Oct 23, 2020
My mate just tipped me off there was a thread about my film on here - Albion and movies, my two great passions combined!! Tonight's premiere is actually now online - another Covid casualty - https://watch.eventive.org/frightfestoctober2020/play/5f710fee90ed9e00715fb89d but it gets a UK release on Nov 23rd on Amazon, iTunes etc. There's info, news, any screenings details etc up here: https://www.facebook.com/concreteplansfilm

Its a proper Brighton endeavour (though shot in Wales) - dreamt up and developed here by 2 local production companies and even 3 of our cast, Steve Speirs (Extras, Stella etc), James Lance (Alan Partridge, Ted Lasso) and Charley Palmer Rothwell (Patsy Palmer's boy!!) from Legend, Dunkirk etc all lived here for years so it was weird being stood in The Valleys chatting about the Albion and the Laines between takes. Anyway, hope you enjoy the film...

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Thanks for the heads-up. I got my virtual ticket just in time and thoroughly enjoyed it. It managed the trick of never appearing "cheap" despite the constraints of the budget. (I wrote some more stuff that was basically giving the film credit for avoiding a bunch of pitfalls that bedevil low-budget British films, but it sounded like terribly faint praise and that's not what I intended, so I deleted it. There are a lot of those pitfalls, and I was genuinely impressed at how well Concrete Plans avoided them, but I'd rather talk about what was good for a film of any budget.)

I think my favourite thing was the controlled way that the tension was built, first in a low-stakes way between the builders rubbing each other up the wrong way, then between them and their client, then with the hints emerging about some characters' secrets, and eventually with it all spiralling out of control. The script did this with neat economy but also huge credit to the actors for selling the transitions from natural to a bit weird to batshit crazy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here