Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Best Sit-Coms

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'd forgotten Rab. What a show that was

EDIT: Yes. it was.

The episode when he was mid-diagonised with cancer and turned up to support his fellow patients against the AIDS patients in a football match was as dark and funny as it gets

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Britan has a long history of Sitcoms and although many are no longer acceptable viewing nether the less they were immensely popular in their time.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just laughed a lot at Not Going Out. It has that American pace but the humour is pretty British

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Just to add to the classics already mentioned, I loved 'Soap' as a young'un. I might watch it back and see how it's aged. More recently 'Trailer Park Boys' is possibly (along with 'Curb Your Enthusiasm') my all time favourite.

Loved 'Citizen Smith' at the time too.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
All of the above plus I really liked Brass - it was about a northern industrialist and his family, starring Timothy West.

Brass was an absolutely spot-on piss take of all the worthy BBC Its grim oop north dramas of the 1970s.

Incredibly good script writing and cast considering it was on ITV.

Loved the little details, e.g all the House Maids at Hardacre Towers were pregnant, presumably due Bradley's Piano activities (an ITK joke).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Brass was an absolutely spot-on piss take of all the worthy BBC Its grim oop north dramas of the 1970s.

Incredibly good script writing and cast considering it was on ITV.

Loved the little details, e.g all the House Maids at Hardacre Towers were pregnant, presumably due Bradley's Piano activities (an ITK joke).

Oh yes, another favourite.

Just looked it up and discovered there was a third series in 1990, I completely missed that.

Also seen that the women who played the two daughters pretty much disappeared from view in the 90s. A bit of a surprise as they had major roles in a big TV series but I suppose that's a reflection of a lack of parts for middle-aged women

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Oh yes, another favourite.

Just looked it up and discovered there was a third series in 1990, I completely missed that.

Also seen that the women who played the two daughters pretty much disappeared from view in the 90s. A bit of a surprise as they had major roles in a big TV series but I suppose that's a reflection of a lack of parts for middle-aged women

From memory the children were wonderful characters: one daughter was a raving nympho; the other was forever offering to rip off her clothing to make bandages; One of the sons (Morris) had best friends Kim, Guy and Donald ; the other son (Austin) I can’t remember much about - but it’s prompted me to dig out the old dvd box set.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
From memory the children were wonderful characters: one daughter was a raving nympho; the other was forever offering to rip off her clothing to make bandages; One of the sons (Morris) had best friends Kim, Guy and Donald ; the other son (Austin) I can’t remember much about - but it’s prompted me to dig out the old dvd box set.

Just such clever writing to make one son Austin and the other Morris, obviously you had to be of the age to appreciate it, plus why Kim, Guy & Donald might have been University Chums!

Never saw the Flame Haired Temptress in anything else, which is a shame, the Mother (Lady Patience) wasn't bad either, had one of the best lines in the Series when she got out of her Wheelchair to seduce Matthew Fairchild.

"But Lady Patience, your legs are wasted? They are on my Husband.." :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here