2. Desmond's
3. Open All Hours
4. Absolutely Fabulous
5. Royle Family

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’d give Phoenix Knights a shout as well........... yeah and Father Ted.

Hold on League of Gentlemen anyone.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I got strongly recommended The I.T Crowd recently but just can’t get into it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Steptoe and Son was almost Freudian in the interactions between the two leads, both were utterly dependent upon each other and both hated each other for it ! Brilliantly acted and magnificently scripted.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep..........got drawn into watching it by my mum......think she liked the ‘trapped free-spirit’ that was played by Wendy. I liked the two lads though........a very young Nick Lyndhurst and Adam Hall I think

I loved the juxtaposition of the laid back 70’s 19 year olds, versus the old school stiff Dad.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I loved Frasier, but I think towards the end it just became a bit too clever for itself, sort of like all the gags were in-jokes!

Mash and Taxi were pretty good but I generally only like a US. Comedy if it’s dark. They do that well.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Only Fools, Blackadder, Men Behaving Badly, Big Bang. Green Wing, why isnt that repeated?

Monty Python brilliant at the time, but hasn't worn well.
not a sitcom. the compliation film stands up ok, there were a lot of sketches over 5-6 series.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I got strongly recommended The I.T Crowd recently but just can’t get into it.

Me too, Richard Ayoade is eminently watchable in nearly everything he does but the IT Crowd does not work for me..... I'd recommend another Ayoade show, Garth Merenghi's Dark Place or the recent Matt Berry vehicle, Toast of London.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Steptoe and Son was almost Freudian in the interactions between the two leads, both were utterly dependent upon each other and both hated each other for it ! Brilliantly acted and magnificently scripted.

It so used to remind me of you and your mum. Not in the dependency bit just the comments you used to have with each other. When she quizzed me about ‘this bird’ of his then............ Mrs veg ok ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It so used to remind me of you and your mum. Not in the dependency bit just the comments you used to have with each other. When she quizzed me about ‘this bird’ of his then............ Mrs veg ok ?

I'm in tears of laughter now here !!!! yes, Mrs Veg ok, she found my wine stash .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Only Fools, Blackadder, Men Behaving Badly, Big Bang.

not a sitcom. the compliation film stands up ok, there were a lot of sketches over 5-6 series.
Fairy nuff - was going for comedy rather than sit-com - corrected my error earlier with respect to Not The Nine O'Clock News too.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin. How Leonard Rossiter brought the futile ennui of a jaded middle aged middle manager to life was exceptional.

Dad's Army. Superbly cast and superbly observed. Arthur Lowe and John Le Mesurier were outstanding

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here