Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When was your 1st Albion game ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Friendly v Norwich City in May 1977.

Bored as bored can be. I was eventually taken to an early match in Division One in 1979. Didn't start going regularly till the first season back downstairs in 83/84.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
This thread is making me feel young. Keep them coming.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
21st August 1993 - a 1-1 draw with Hartlepool at the Goldstone

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Away at Aldershot, FA Cup 1967. Bunked off the coach home after a school second XI morning match at Farnham or somewhere thereabouts. Scintillating 0-0 draw. As the crowd filed out at the end, the crush was such that I was able to lift both feet off the ground at the same time - and keep them there!
First home match soon after - Charlie Livesey's goals secured a win against Tranmere.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Away at Aldershot, FA Cup 1967. Bunked off the coach home after a school second XI morning match at Farnham or somewhere thereabouts. Scintillating 0-0 draw. As the crowd filed out at the end, the crush was such that I was able to lift both feet off the ground at the same time - and keep them there!
First home match soon after - Charlie Livesey's goals secured a win against Tranmere.

Did you go to the Chelsea game in the next round?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I got very lucky with this game. Taken by an older brother.

B4614CE6-5C32-4136-8EB7-7E0C79FAFC7D.png

16,000 was decent core support for a mid-table third division team.

Note the future Everton manager in goal for them.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Monday 3rd March 1980. Brighton 1 Aston Villa 1

I was so naive going to my first game that myself & gf of the time ended up in the North east corner.....the away end. I was hooked on going to Brighton as soon as i could drive after following them on local football coverage. This is a classic case of a Man U fan being hooked by live football. I thought the atmosphere with 23k present was electric (it was under lights) and i never looked back. Still like United but always want my true love to beat them at every opportunity. More of a connection with a local (ish) club who you have travelled the country to follow playing home games at 4 different home venues,the protests and marches in troubled times all add to the deep affection that grows as each year passes.

*Wow looking at here about other posters first game and i am a NEWBIE of just 40 years.:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here