Votes: 121 40.2%
  • Must not lose

Votes: 66 21.9%
  • Just another fixture

Votes: 114 37.9%

• Total voters

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
If it is either, which it isn’t, it would be must not lose. It is similar to Palace, hoping for a win, hopefully score first, but if we go behind we need to make sure we still manage at least a point. We really don’t want to lose this one. Predict 3:1 to the Albion.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Oviously it's just another fixture at this time in the season, but one we should be targeting for maximum points.

We need to do better against the bottom half teams. My only complaint about last season was not picking up enough points from the weaker teams.

11 points from Villa/Bournemouth/Palace/West Ham /Newcastle/Southampton/Sheff Utd was a very poor return and kept us in trouble for much longer than we should have been.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
"Must win"
"Club legend"
"There was contact"

are all ridiculously over-used phrases in modern football.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
If we can't beat struggling West Brom on Monday night, my mattress will be absolutely drenched :)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If we can't beat struggling West Brom on Monday night, my mattress will be absolutely drenched :)

I feel slightly differently.
Good performances for 0 pts against the big boys,are all well and good, but our improved play has to be able to pick up points too.
If we can beat #TeamsLikeWestBrom then we will be making the right sort of progress.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
How many times at the beginning of last season did we drop points at home and the line from many posters was ‘at this early stage’ we have plenty of time. Then the second half of the season came and the pressure was increased as we didn’t have those points in the bag, that pressure told and we couldn’t beat the teams around us at home and we ended up in a real relegation battle.

If we fail to beat WBA at home many of those issues will be brought up again and potentially in the minds of the players. If we win we put that to bed and look forward with confidence.

Much more rides on this than just three points, this could set the tone for the season.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If there was crowds it would be a big game and we'd have to be up for it.

As it is , prob falls under just another game

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I wouldn't say it's must win or mustn't lose. It is however, likely to be the difference between this having been a decent start to the season or a disappointing one.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Blimey - we're only 5 games in and obviously a win v West Brom is what we all want, but the performances so far have been encouraging. The results this season in the Prem have been so hard to predict for all teams so wouldn't be surprised by anything on Monday. Certainly won't lose any sleep over it if we lose.

I personally think this has got a draw written all over it and I wouldn't be unhappy with that. If we finish 16th in the table come May (which was my pre-season prediction) that will be ok with me. The football is improving (even if our points tally doesn't reflect our performances so far) and I'm really enjoying watching us play now more than any previous season at the top table.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is West Brom a must win, a must not lose or doesn't it matter cos it's early days.

After West Brom, we have coming up...

1/11 - Spurs away
7/11 - Burnley at home
21/11 - Villa away
28/11 - Liverpool at home

It mainly matters because the November matches don't look like yielding many points

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Its not a MUST win but we need it to get our season re-started after several games where we've been robbed of points

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
After all our good play but lack of extra points we deserved, I think it’s a must win other wise confidence will drain. A good win will set them up well.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It mainly matters because the November matches don't look like yielding many points
If we don't view Burnley or villa winnable anymore we are in serious trouble !! Villa were woeful last night

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I can't stand a 4th year of bumbling around at the bottom of the league.

This is must-win if only to move nearer to a midtable finish unless we want another same-old-story season.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It's obviously not a 'must win' but it's the first game we would be expected to win of the season (according to [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION]s tracker), and against a team likely to be around the bottom three. Losing would be a right ball ache, but probably not a season defining result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here