Votes: 66 21.9%
  • Just another fixture

Votes: 114 37.9%

• Total voters

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If this is a must win, then what match isn't a must win?

We'll have good results against good teams and bad results against the lower teams all through this campaign, just as we have in previous seasons

I'd prefer to preserve the term must win for an instance where a bad result can mathematically relegate us

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think so. Upward trajectory can only be maintained by competing with ‘the other 14’ and we can’t rely on picking off the big boys to keep us safe.

Every game against any of ‘the other 14’ is always a six pointer no matter what stage of the season.

Cutting teams adrift is also very important.

If Sheff Utd don’t get a result this week - as they didn’t at home to Fulham [surely a banker for them last year] - then they may well find themselves in a hole they can’t get out of.

I'd agree with this.

For me it isn't a must win in terms of finishing 17th. However, if we're after a season of looking up rather than down, then this is the sort of game you have to win.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It’s not a must win, but if we didn’t, it would be a serious opportunity squandered.

I’m under the impression we’ve improved since last year, but to prove it, we need to beat the teams around us when we’re playing better. We didn’t do it against Palace last week, but a home game against a promoted side gives us no excuses.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think it probably is and I’m sure West Brom are looking at us as an opportunity to get a point or three too.

It’s an important game.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Must win for me, for many reasons beyond just the points

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Not a must win, but a MASSIVE indicator of how we are going to get on this season.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Goodness it's only game six and no matter what results are archived by any of the clubs at the bottom in game six we cannot drop into the bottom three, therefore at this stage it's just another game which I think we will win 3-1

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Monday teatime will IMHO serve as a very good indication of how well the defence can cope without Dunk. Already looking weaker without Duffy. Game will be very educational for both club and 'customers'

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We have played well in every single game this season, bar Everton.

The way we are playing - and the way we dispatched Newcastle so clinically - makes me hopeful we will pick up a lot more points against the bottom 6-8 sides this season.

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
If we stop leaking goals from set pieces then we will win comfortably. This fixture has a lot of importance attached to it. If we lose then it gives all of the so called bottom 10 bucket loads of Confidence when they come to the Amex. If we win comfortably then the boot will be on the other foot

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
6 games in, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] is showing as a solid gold bedwetter if he thinks that this is a must win.

The meltdown if we lose will be interesting though

rubber sheets.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think our defence will be fine. We need to keep on keeping on, and stop aimng for white painted things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here