Votes: 66 21.9%
  • Just another fixture

Votes: 114 37.9%

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ings is class act, we are never in the running for this quality of player and I have no idea why, are saints any bigger than us ??? Probably not.

Ings is apparently on £75k per week.

Now I don't know this for a fact, but I understand our highest wage is £50k per week.

Southampton supposedly have 8 first team players on £50k per week or higher. Bertrand for example is supposed to be on about £70k, Romeu £65k, Redmond and Long £60k...

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Ings is apparently on £75k per week.

Now I don't know this for a fact, but I understand our highest wage is £50k per week.

Southampton supposedly have 8 first team players on £50k per week or higher. Bertrand for example is supposed to be on about £70k, Romeu £65k, Redmond and Long £60k...

They've also been a Premier League team for 5 more years than us. In 5 years time (if we are still here) I'd fully imagine we'll have at least 8 first-team players on more than £50k.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They've also been a Premier League team for 5 more years than us. In 5 years time (if we are still here) I'd fully imagine we'll have at least 8 first-team players on more than £50k.

Over 5 years they've also banked over £350m in transfer sales.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Ings was also a gamble at the time.. he had been injured a lot, hadn't forced his way into the Liverpool team. His last season was fantastic, and he is flourishing, but it was a gamble. I imagine there were plenty of Saints fans not wholly enamoured by his purchase at £20m (I think was the price quoted), and it only looks like great value now - we would have been horrified to spend that at that time and I would argue that Saints were a little desperate at the time -Saints before Ings had tried Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Tadic .. none of whom set the world alight.. . Welbeck could be our, slightly older version quite easily. Maupay and Connolly may benefit hugely without having to shoulder the burden (See Che Adams all of a sudden).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here