• Just another fixture

Votes: 114 37.9%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is West Brom a must win, a must not lose or doesn't it matter cos it's early days.

After West Brom, we have coming up...

1/11 - Spurs away
7/11 - Burnley at home
21/11 - Villa away
28/11 - Liverpool at home

Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 11.19.05.png

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
6 games in, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] is showing as a solid gold bedwetter if he thinks that this is a must win.

The meltdown if we lose will be interesting though

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
6 games in, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] is a showing as a solid gold bedwetter if he thinks that this is a must win.

The meltdown if we lose will be interesting though

You've not seen my vote. Nor my sheets.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
One we`d hope to win. But "must win" only really relevant when we must win to avoid relegation. A long way off and hopefully never this season !!

Gun shot

Ready to be fired
Oct 3, 2020
In a holster
Yes, definitely.

They won't be pushovers with Grady Diaganna, Karlan Grant and some experienced PL players but this is one of those matches where you have to pinpoint getting the three points. Anything else would be concerning.

And I don't see us having too many problems. A comfortable 3-1 win to the good guys.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
IIRC this fixture 2 years ago broke the Albion's losing run?

Unfortuntely, it was WB-Albion who beat B&H-Albion

It's way too early in the season for this result to be particularly significant.
Yes, it is always good to beat teams just below you and without crowds, home advantage is nullified.
I think we will win, but a draw, or even a loss, won't be the end of our season ....

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I think so. Upward trajectory can only be maintained by competing with ‘the other 14’ and we can’t rely on picking off the big boys to keep us safe.

Every game against any of ‘the other 14’ is always a six pointer no matter what stage of the season.

Cutting teams adrift is also very important.

If Sheff Utd don’t get a result this week - as they didn’t at home to Fulham [surely a banker for them last year] - then they may well find themselves in a hole they can’t get out of.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes, definitely.

They won't be pushovers with Grady Diaganna, Karlan Grant and some experienced PL players but this is one of those matches where you have to pinpoint getting the three points. Anything else would be concerning.

And I don't see us having too many problems. A comfortable 3-1 win to the good guys.

Maybe that's the concern, l wish we weren't the good guys sometimes, we need to have the odd bastardo in the side to help grind out results when we need them the most. Welcome back Florian when you are fit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we dish out another absolute battering without getting a win I would be a little concerned. But it’s still early days.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think so. Upward trajectory can only be maintained by competing with ‘the other 14’ and we can’t rely on picking off the big boys to keep us safe.

Every game against any of ‘the other 14’ is always a six pointer no matter what stage of the season.

Cutting teams adrift is also very important.

If Sheff Utd don’t get a result this week - as they didn’t at home to Fulham [surely a banker for them last year] - then they may well find themselves in a hole they can’t get out of.

Indeed, a case of second season syndrome for them maybe, let's hope other sides have found them out now,and negated what they were good at last time around.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Definitely a must-win.

Not for the points but for the psychological hammer blow if we don't.

Will our season be a long grim relegation battle ? Or will we put some daylight between us and the bottom of the table ?

Historically Albion lose in these situations.... but we shall see.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Of course it would be good to win, but no fixtures are a 'must-anything' at this stage in the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here