Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 23-26/10

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Another weekend of thrills and spills. Hopefully no bellyaches come Monday evening...

Friday 23rd October 2020
Aston Villa v Leeds United (20:00) - BT Sport Box Office

Saturday 24th October 2020
West Ham v Man City (12:30) - BT Sport
Fulham v Crystal Palace (15:00) - BT Sport Box Office
Man Utd v Chelsea (17:30) - Sky Sports
Liverpool v Sheffield United (20:00) - Sky Sports Box Office

Sunday 25th October 2020
Southampton v Everton (14:00) - Sky Sports
Wolves v Newcastle United (16:30) - Sky Sports
Arsenal v Leicester City (19:15) - Sky Sports Box Office

Monday 26th October 2020
Brighton & Hove Albion v West Brom (17:30) - Sky Sports Box Office
Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur (20:00) - Sky Sports

Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 11.19.05.png

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
A waste of time redundant thread.

We all know the only fixture worth talking about is the Friday game between the media's favourites Champions elect v Champions of Europe.

The perfect advert for the Premier league and proof we dont need the big 5 so they can f*** off to the Europe super league

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
A waste of time redundant thread.

We all know the only fixture worth talking about is the Friday game between the media's favourites Champions elect v Champions of Europe.

The perfect advert for the Premier league and proof we dont need the big 5 so they can f*** off to the Europe super league

If only they could both lose...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The new $$$$ Box Office Is rampant. Looks like I won’t bother with quite a few matches.
At least you can go to the pub to watch them. Ours will all be closing tomorrow night and anywhere doing food+football will be booked up and/or charging a fortune.

I am SEETHING.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Villa/Leeds will be fascinating though. Will give a better indicator of both teams : Leeds will want to bounce back - a 2nd defeat in a week would dent that confidence somewhat.If they genuinely believe top 10 or higher they should be "beating teams like Villa" Villa, I think may be flattering to deceive and they will fall flat soon, but they will be full of confidence right now.. I also think we will see Everton slip up at Saints (injuries/suspensions), Fulham Palace draw (yawn). Wolves to be the big movers at the top.. Us and Sheff Utd the movers (upwards!) at the bottom !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
At least you can go to the pub to watch them. Ours will all be closing tomorrow night and anywhere doing food+football will be booked up and/or charging a fortune.

I am SEETHING.

I won’t bother with the pub or with an illegal stream. Plenty of other things to do.

NHS reporting about 400 cases per 100,000 in S Yorks. Compared to 80 here. Why do you think it’s mushroomed up your way? Plenty of anecdotes going by radio articles (for example) of many people in the north throughout giving two fingers to the whole CV19 thing, people in Barnsley yesterday on TV belligerently saying that they’re going to continue to disregard an infringement on their liberties.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Villa/Leeds will be fascinating though. Will give a better indicator of both teams : Leeds will want to bounce back - a 2nd defeat in a week would dent that confidence somewhat.If they genuinely believe top 10 or higher they should be "beating teams like Villa" Villa, I think may be flattering to deceive and they will fall flat soon, but they will be full of confidence right now.. I also think we will see Everton slip up at Saints (injuries/suspensions), Fulham Palace draw (yawn). Wolves to be the big movers at the top.. Us and Sheff Utd the movers (upwards!) at the bottom !

My guesses:
Villa have spent most money, they’ll win. I can’t see Leeds winning.
Using the money argument again, Everton will beat Stains.
Wolves playing well again, I think they’ll beat Newcastle.

But I wouldn’t stake my savings on any of the above :lolol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I won’t bother with the pub or with an illegal stream. Plenty of other things to do.

NHS reporting about 400 cases per 100,000 in S Yorks. Compared to 80 here. Why do you think it’s mushroomed up your way? Plenty of anecdotes going by radio articles (for example) of many people in the north throughout giving two fingers to the whole CV19 thing, people in Barnsley yesterday on TV belligerently saying that they’re going to continue to disregard an infringement on their liberties.
Everyone's been following the rules recently round my way mate from what I've seen. I'm past bothering with the stats tbf.

The complete incompetence of everything the government has done with regard to the virus means I don't trust any of the figures any more anyway.

They were probably incorrectly supplied by Serco for £5bn off a badly made Excel (2007) spreadsheet.

Absolutely sick of it as are millions of people. I don't agree with flouting the rules but the rules are complete horseshit so I can understand why lots of people are, or why lots of people don't even understand them.

Oh and the testing in Sheffield has been pretty efficient compared to elsewhere as we have two of the best hospitals in the country in the city. So it's hardly surprising that more/quicker tests = higher number of positive cases. I know quite a few people who've tested positive. None of whom have been seriously ill.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Everyone's been following the rules recently round my way mate from what I've seen. I'm past bothering with the stats tbf.

The complete incompetence of everything the government has done with regard to the virus means I don't trust any of the figures any more anyway.

They were probably incorrectly supplied by Serco for £5bn off a badly made Excel (2007) spreadsheet.

Absolutely sick of it as are millions of people. I don't agree with flouting the rules but the rules are complete horseshit so I can understand why lots of people are, or why lots of people don't even understand them.

Oh and the testing in Sheffield has been pretty efficient compared to elsewhere as we have two of the best hospitals in the country in the city. So it's hardly surprising that more/quicker tests = higher number of positive cases. I know quite a few people who've tested positive. None of whom have been seriously ill.

Understood. I don’t know anyone who’s tested positive. Yep, frustrated by it all as well.

One thing that absolutely isn’t subjective or political are the numbers filling CV19 wards, these have been rapidly rising again.

Repeated across many countries in western Europe just now.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Understood. I don’t know anyone who’s tested positive. Yep, frustrated by it all as well.

One thing that absolutely isn’t subjective or political are the numbers filling CV19 wards, these have been rapidly rising again.

Repeated across many countries in western Europe just now.
Yep. Two ways out. Vaccine or immunity from everyone getting it (neither of which may actually 100% work). Have said this from the start.

The rest is window dressing and attempts to prevent health systems being overwhelmed. Understandable, but it's all been done totally pathetically here.

The tipping point is coming with job losses and business closures.

Anyway, back to the football. PPV can kiss my arse. I'm just treating it that these games aren't on TV.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here