Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 23-26/10

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone here actually paying the PPV £14.95 for non-Albion games?

Use of streams seems more rife than ever.

I think it's more to do with the gloves are off and posters have just stopped being coy.
I wouldn't be surprised if people feel they can now 'justify' their use of streams because they feel used by Sky et al.

£14.95 has certainly increased the popularity of YouTube's search engine.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think it's more to do with the gloves are off and posters have just stopped being coy.
I wouldn't be surprised if people feel they can now 'justify' their use of streams because they feel used by Sky et al.

£14.95 has certainly increased the popularity of YouTube's search engine.

I get that impression too, including from some vehemently in support of PPV.

I haven’t bothered yet with streaming or PPV.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
The very incident has been discussed and reviewed in depth by Bein Sport a few minutes ago. They kept showing last weeks ultra soft decision - given by Atwell and then the review by him on VAR for tonight's game. The general conclusion after 10 mins discussion is that Atwell needs, and will probably be taking, a long holiday. As I type this they are back to the subject on Bein and still in disbelief.

He should be swimming with the fishes.

I have to say the premier league is really exciting this year, with no obvious 1 or 2 teams running away with it

I know it's early days but Palace , #dirty and Villa in the top 6 😥 and Citeh, Manu and Spurs bottom half.. bizarre.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
At what point do we have to get to before something is actually done about VAR? A ridiculously clear pen that should have been given against United gets brushed under the carpet, then one that, as far as I can see, clearly shouldn't have been given against Liverpool, ends up with VAR overruling the the ref's call. Happens every single weekend, these incorrect calls are shaping and even defining moments in a lot of games. It almost seems like VAR are working to a script. Are the VAR refs crooked, or are they just totally incompetent?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I didn't know that

Doesn't make sense logically for me if you say "inside" the box

I suppose if you think about it, for the external pitch markings, the ball has to be completely over the line for it to be out of play/a goal. So it follows that the line for the penalty box is part of the penalty box. Could be interesting for encroachment offences at penalties if someone has their foot on the line.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
One of these was given. Neither decision was deemed 'a clear and obvious error'.

0_Cesar-Azpilicueta.jpg

T0FLMTI2NTMyNzMx.jpg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
At what point do we have to get to before something is actually done about VAR? A ridiculously clear pen that should have been given against United gets brushed under the carpet, then one that, as far as I can see, clearly shouldn't have been given against Liverpool, ends up with VAR overruling the the ref's call. Happens every single weekend, these incorrect calls are shaping and even defining moments in a lot of games. It almost seems like VAR are working to a script. Are the VAR refs crooked, or are they just totally incompetent?

Judging from the pictures, it would seem that, taking into account the line is part of the penalty area, a penalty was the right decision against Liverpool. The problem is clearly with the other incident with Maguire which is clearly a penalty. Whether it's a reaction from Atwell due to the dubious Palace penalty against us but if it is, he needs to give his head a wobble. Why he didn't get Atkinson to take a look also beggars belief?

I don't have a problem with VAR (although a few tweaks will improve the offside decisions), the problem is the muppets that operate it.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Judging from the pictures, it would seem that, taking into account the line is part of the penalty area, a penalty was the right decision against Liverpool. The problem is clearly with the other incident with Maguire which is clearly a penalty. Whether it's a reaction from Atwell due to the dubious Palace penalty against us but if it is, he needs to give his head a wobble. Why he didn't get Atkinson to take a look also beggars belief?

I don't have a problem with VAR (although a few tweaks will improve the offside decisions), the problem is the muppets that operate it.

I'm not even sure it was a foul, let alone in the box... Marginal at best IMO. VAR also seem very reluctant to be seen to undermine the ref's call, so I was very surprised they did it in that scenario.

The Maguire decision was a total pisstake though, especially when you consider the clearly incorrect penalty call which went against us last week. It's almost as if United benefit from favourable decisions, like playing an additional 2 mins for them and them getting penalties after the full time whistle has gone :moo:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Back to winning ways after last Sunday’s shitstorm.
The handbrake was released, and we amassed 14 shots at goal ( 10 on target) and a much better attacking performance.
With a good run of games up to Christmas, we could maintain our top half position going into the new year.
All that’s left to say is, good luck to The Albion tomorrow. :thumbsup:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Back to winning ways after last Sunday’s shitstorm.
The handbrake was released, and we amassed 14 shots at goal ( 10 on target) and a much better attacking performance.
With a good run of games up to Christmas, we could maintain our top half position going into the new year.
All that’s left to say is, good luck to The Albion tomorrow. :thumbsup:

piss off nob 'ead

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Everton's away kit is mint.

Or is it pistachio?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What a season, Everton being humbled by Saints so far