Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marcus Rashford

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is there an opposition player you've admired more than this guy?

Absolute class, on and off the pitch as demonstrated yesterday. World class finish for Man Utd to win them the game, but his heart is with more important things. I'm just sorry to see his campaign flounder at the hands of this incompetent, corrupt government and I hope he continues the good fight.

In case you're unaware, the fact is that the corrupt, incompetent party running the country voted down an amendment not to make school meals, free. Quite happy to give £12 BILLION to a company run by Tory donors (rather than opening it to tender) to build this shit track and trace app despite having no experience in the field, or £1 BILLION to Northern Irish bigots purely to prop up their majority, but a few million to ensure no school kid starves in this pandemic, and apparently they're not made of money.

This government makes me feel embarrassed and ashamed to be English.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Absolute class, on and off the pitch as demonstrated yesterday. World class finish for Man Utd to win them the game, but his heart is with more important things. I'm just sorry to see his campaign flounder at the hands of this incompetent, corrupt government and I hope he continues the good fight.

In case you're unaware, the fact is that the corrupt, incompetent party running the country voted down an amendment not to make school meals, free. Quite happy to give £12 BILLION to a company run by Tory donors (rather than opening it to tender) to build this shit track and trace app despite having no experience in the field, or £1 BILLION to Northern Irish bigots purely to prop up their majority, but a few million to ensure no school kid starves in this pandemic, and apparently they're not made of money.

Agree with everything, apart from the feeling ashamed and embarrassed to be English, I am English, You are, and Marcus is along with millions of others who do countless good things and believe in fairness and equality for all.

It is not us that should feel ashamed, it is them....

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm not ashamed to be English, just f*cking embarassed.

And don't foget the previous 2 governements, they were a bunch of self serving C***s as well.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Turning a thread about Marcus Rashford to a politics rant in one post.

Must be a record even for NSC :lolol:

Agree the OP's post changes direction faster than Peter Ward in his prime.

However I agree with both of his points, so fine with me

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I hope he gives a large % of his wages to his causes.

He's Man Ure. :shrug:

I’m sure he does....: he’s that sort of guy.. I don’t think he would need to inform the public to appease a certain type though ... that’s a private matter

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton

No doubt he does. Even if he didn’t, the publicity he has put on the topic, plus the pressure he is mounting on the government is more than his money could ever provide. It’s not his job ffs, he’s doing something about it when the government should be fixing this themselves. Good on him, haven’t seen many other celebrities, footballers or otherwise, do anything about it. Or you for that matter.

He’s done a world of good, somethings are bigger than football, hungry children is one of them - so don’t be a pr**k about it. United, Palace or whoever he plays for

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
charitable donations are tax deductable as well, which means it can go directly where its needed ( assuming the charity is any good ) and not to the government to give to their mates or waste on bombs

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
there's money for "Boris" to chuck a multi million pound contract at some bird that he fancies a go on, but not to feed kids

cool, that's what kind of country we are now. Brilliant

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Great post, agree with every word.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
He’s done a world of good, somethings are bigger than football, hungry children is one of them - so don’t be a pr**k about it. United, Palace or whoever he plays for

If it's OK with you, I'll have views on other sides thanks. :thumbsup:

The thread is about a footballer, and should stay so. Politics has sod all to do with it.

It's already been hijacked, shame as he seems a decent bloke (for a Man Ure player).

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
This is the thing. We all know the government are corrupt but some still believe they have our best interest at heart.

As for rashford, what a guy.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011

Maybe he does, who knows? We do know he is using his profile in a very worthy cause. He's helped shame our embarrassment of a government into doing the right thing once, here's hoping he does it again. Leaks that Johnson struggles to get by on £150 k, £7 k per hour payments to consultants, dishing out jobs and contracts to friends and family, but balking at finding the money for free school meals and needy residents of 'tier 3' areas - very likely most/all of us before too long - shows the ethics and priorities of our leaders - same old Tories...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm really not sure why the actions of one man (Rashford) or a group of people (HMG), neither of whom I have any real connection with in any way, would have any reflection on my feelings regarding my nationality, another thing I had absolutely no control over whatsoever.

But, yes, Marcus Rashford is a very impressive young man. In a world where peers such as Jack Grealish seem to use their position for self-gratification, it's heartening to see someone to strive so hard to improve the lives of others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here