Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] iPhone 12 thread

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
After several years of loyal service from an iPhone 6, it never recovered from a big drop earlier this year, so I replaced it with an iPhone 11. Love it, excellent screen, long battery life and a great camera. I’ll stick with this now for many years (hopefully).

Good choice...through the business? :whistle:

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Picked up the iPhone 12 Pro from Apple in Churchill Sq yesterday in a time allocated slot, I had to wait outside the store after Covid checks, and then the package was handed over. Very unlike the usual Apple customer experience.
I changed from a 8 so the absence of the finger print recognition and a button was worrying me. However the phone was easy to set up and the absence of these features was soon forgotten. The facial recognition works well and the phone is smoother and faster in operation than the 8.
Design is more angular making it easy to hold, and camera is very good.
Very pleased with it so far, more impressed than I thought I would be.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
One thing of note after a day of having my iPhone 12 Pro is that it gets super hot when using cellular data for a long time.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I have just updated to an iPhone 2020se as I struggle with the massive size of most of the current phones on offer which must almost require the owners to buy jeans with extra large pockets

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Picked up the iPhone 12 Pro from Apple in Churchill Sq yesterday in a time allocated slot, I had to wait outside the store after Covid checks, and then the package was handed over. Very unlike the usual Apple customer experience.
I changed from a 8 so the absence of the finger print recognition and a button was worrying me. However the phone was easy to set up and the absence of these features was soon forgotten. The facial recognition works well and the phone is smoother and faster in operation than the 8.
Design is more angular making it easy to hold, and camera is very good.
Very pleased with it so far, more impressed than I thought I would be.

I’m hoping they are going to update the facial recognition to allow for two faces...one with a mask one without...I normally stick my shopping list on my phone...right pain in arse having to keep typing in the six digit number as I walk round Tescos

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I’m hoping they are going to update the facial recognition to allow for two faces...one with a mask one without...I normally stick my shopping list on my phone...right pain in arse having to keep typing in the six digit number as I walk round Tescos

It is a real ball ache that. There was a short period a few weeks ago where it seemed to work regardless and so I assumed they’d made an adjustment to allow for face coverings, but I can only assume it was a bug and it would have opened up for any Tom, Dick or Harry.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013

Only works in Waitrose so I’m led to believe. Nice bonus when I switched data over from my 8 was that it transferred the four digit code number facility. I thought I’d have to change it to 6 numbers.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I thought I'd read that functionality was in an update, but I must have been mistaken because it doesn't happen.

It's very good at recognising me with sunglasses and a hat on.

A mask - not so much.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I thought I'd read that functionality was in an update, but I must have been mistaken because it doesn't happen.

It's very good at recognising me with sunglasses and a hat on.

A mask - not so much.

Ye I thought so to ...unfortunately it doesn’t even recognise me in sunglasses :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here