Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] iPhone 12 thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well, I've left it long enough and no one else has mentioned it that I can see.

Anyone getting/got one?

Curious mix of specs across the different models in the range, I thought.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
iPhone 12 Pro 256GB in Pacific Blue arriving Friday...

Not sure if I should have waited for the Max with it’s better camera array.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Been out of the loop with Apple for a few years now.

Have they switched to USB-C yet?
Do they supply a proper fast-charger instead of the 5w mini plug?
Has their battery-life improved?
I remember my iPhone's would routinely slow down quite dramatically a year or so after I'd bought them, even without having many intensive apps installed.

The upcoming smaller 12 looks quite nice.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Picking up the 12 Pro Friday. I’ve had an 8 for a few years so wanted a change.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I was very impressed reading about the spec of the new chip in this phone.

Nanotechnology is mind blowing!

If you lined up 171 million transistors from the chip, they would measure 1mm.

They print the circuit on to silicon by shining UV light through plasma that they have created with a tiny drop of tin.

Wow!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Well, I've left it long enough and no one else has mentioned it that I can see.

Anyone getting/got one?

Curious mix of specs across the different models in the range, I thought.
Don't seem to be many reviews out at the moment.

Are there any game changers with it?

A cursory glance at Google suggests the battery life is far inferior to android 5g sets and the new iPhone costs 40% more to fix now if there is a problem according to Forbes.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I upgraded from a 6s to an Xr about 6 months ago. Pretty happy with it and will likely keep it for another 3-4 years, unless Apple deliberately slow it down, ofc. If they do - I’ll be going Android next time; if not, I’ll stick with Apple.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Had an X for a couple of years and happy with it(also have watch and ipad), but the missus moved to a Samsung last year and it seems like a much better phone.
The ipad is on its way out and as this chain starts to break up then i may well move away from Apple

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Had an X for a couple of years and happy with it(also have watch and ipad), but the missus moved to a Samsung last year and it seems like a much better phone.
The ipad is on its way out and as this chain starts to break up then i may well move away from Apple

Is that your iPad that's on its way out or do you mean it's on its way out of Apple's product line? My current iPad is on its last legs.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I upgraded from a 6s to an Xr about 6 months ago. Pretty happy with it and will likely keep it for another 3-4 years, unless Apple deliberately slow it down, ofc. If they do - I’ll be going Android next time; if not, I’ll stick with Apple.

6s was a good phone, still have mine and it's fine, but it's time for a family run of hand-me-downs. Was the XR are good upgrade? I was tossing up between the 8 plus and the XR.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I'm still on a 6s, but it's starting to really struggle with normal tasks. Battery is absolutely shot and it locks up about 20 times a day - just trying to read an email or reply to a text. I suppose I'll try and hold off a bit longer and then upgrade. I'm really not interested in having the latest device when it actually gives me no functional difference. Although I do appreciate lots of people use the devices far deeper than I do.

It's also doing that thing where if you have a charger plugged in, the touchscreen stops responding reliably. Exactly the same thing happened to my previous iPhone 4s, and I eventually had no option but to update.

I owned an Android device once (Sony) and the user experience was absolutely terrible.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here