Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] First Premier League manager to be sacked ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Would think that Burnley will stick with Dyche but if Fulham beat Palace on Saturday what price Hodgson staying charge ? After Fulham Palace are again away at Molineux. Someone will get fired,but who ? :bigwave:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Parker is my guess.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For various reasons, they’re most pretty secure.

Parker and Bruce are possibilities, but Newcastle seem to suddenly pick up some EPL wins when the vultures had started circle.

Sheff Utd have spent big this calendar year. With the club now overseas owned, if their bad run continues, I wouldn’t put if past them to sack Wilder and appoint ‘a name’ to “take them to the next level”.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
A couple more bad results in the league and Solskjær might be on his way. Especially whilst Pochettino is still available.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Parker will be given until after Christmas.

Palace need to stick with Roy. Please please stick with Roy.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For various reasons, they’re most pretty secure.

That's my gut feel too, certainly amongst non-top 6 sides. Many managers have credit in the bank.

My guess would be OGS as Pochetino is still waiting in the wings isn't he?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Sheffield United have Liverpool, City then Chelsea up next, followed by West Ham and WBA. Possible lose three on the bounce then sacking after the Chelsea game with the hope of a bounce back?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hodgson only has a contract until the end of the season anyway so I'd think he's safe. So long as Palace look like they'll stay up, he's safe as houses, as they can replace him in the summer without having to pay him off.

Also, they have to think of replacements. Who out there is realistic and available? I saw a couple on one of their boards the other day suggesting Pochettino would go there :lolol:

Eddie Howe is still free, but may have tarnished his reputation a bit with Bournemouth's shambolic performances last season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A question for the OP.

Which of your close relatives, do you think, will be the next to die?

Asking for a friend.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hodgson only has a contract until the end of the season anyway so I'd think he's safe. So long as Palace look like they'll stay up, he's safe as houses, as they can replace him in the summer without having to pay him off.

I'd have thought it was the exact opposite. The fact he's only contracted till next summer makes it a VERY cheap lay-off if things are going seriously tits-up towards December. If they find themselves in the bottom 3 come the arse-end of November / beginning of December (not entirely unlikely), whilst posting the kind of dismal shite performances they put out against us last week, then I think Roys bathchair could well be rolled into the conservatory before too long.

That opening day Man U result is the very definition of plastering over the cracks. They've been garbage for months.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Also, they have to think of replacements. Who out there is realistic and available? I saw a couple on one of their boards the other day suggesting Pochettino would go there [emoji38]ol:

Eddie Howe is still free, but may have tarnished his reputation a bit with Bournemouth's shambolic performances last season.
Dougie Greedman is ready to step in at any time at palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here