Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just applied for my season ticket refund .....

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
OK - just got the 1901 email and it is bizarre to say the least. If I take the refund, they will stop taking DD payments. If I opt not to, they will take money until January. What about the no refund but stop taking my money option?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I have read it and reread it and I still don't understand the logic. Either take a refund or pay another £270 over the next 3 months as well as leaving £200+ in the club. Oh, and you only have until tomorrow to opt out of the November BACS run - violating BACS terms of service by not giving 10 working days notice. I am sure they will argue they aren't changing the BACS amount so don't need to give 10 days notice which is technically correct but given that it is tied in to a refund option, still very poor IMHO.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just emailed for clarification - if there is no middle option then I will have to take a refund I don't want in order to stop them stockpiling more money that may well not be used until next season.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just emailed for clarification - if there is no middle option then I will have to take a refund I don't want in order to stop them stockpiling more money that may well not be used until next season.

Delete

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

I’m sure there’s a foodbank or charity that will take the money you don’t want.

It’s a shame we’ve got such a crap club isn’t it?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

No call for being snide. The point is that this decision will cause them to have to give me my money back which is the opposite of what they want.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I’m sure there’s a foodbank or charity that will take the money you don’t want.

And the edit is bang out of order. I have not been on full salary since March and I am working in an industry fighting for its life.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
And the edit is bang out of order. I have not been on full salary since March and I am working in an industry fighting for its life.

My edit was because it was a duplicate post. Apologies if it came across as trying to undermine your previous response.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
My edit was because it was a duplicate post. Apologies if it came across as trying to undermine your previous response.

It wasn't the fact it was an edit - it was the snide implication that I am complaining about money I don't need. It is exactly the opposite. I would be willing to leave the refund amount in the club as I am lucky in that I don't desperately need £200 to survive. I cannot, however, justify paying another £300 over the next 3 months for no apparent reason. And this isn't free money - if I take it now, I will face increased payments at a later date. I don't like the implication from the club that if I can afford not to take a refund, I can afford to keep paying and I certainly don't like the implication that I should just give money away if I am forced to take it.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
OK - just got the 1901 email and it is bizarre to say the least. If I take the refund, they will stop taking DD payments. If I opt not to, they will take money until January. What about the no refund but stop taking my money option?

Yep, me too. Weird. Also, in my case, I recognise none of the numbers.

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
No idea why everyone wouldn't just request for their money back. It's your money, the club are not a charity, the money can't be used by them just sits in a holding account. The likely scenario is that there will not be any fans back this season, so the 25% just keeps rolling.

I had the same issue with the IOW festival, leave it with them and get tickets next year - no thanks, if it doesn't happen next year then keep it rolling? It's my money I want it back, if you can afford to not spend it then buy some premium bonds with it and let it sit at least you have a chance of getting something from it rather then it sitting with a massive multi million pound organisation. Imagine the arse ache trying to get it back if I get hit by a bus, car, battery scooter on the way to the pub tonight.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Sorry if this has been mentioned but I don't have time to read the entire thread. Am I right in thinking that if I do nothing about the email about my two season tickets then it will simply transfer as (part) payment for next season?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No idea why everyone wouldn't just request for their money back. It's your money, the club are not a charity, the money can't be used by them just sits in a holding account. The likely scenario is that there will not be any fans back this season, so the 25% just keeps rolling.

I had the same issue with the IOW festival, leave it with them and get tickets next year - no thanks, if it doesn't happen next year then keep it rolling? It's my money I want it back, if you can afford to not spend it then buy some premium bonds with it and let it sit at least you have a chance of getting something from it rather then it sitting with a massive multi million pound organisation. Imagine the arse ache trying to get it back if I get hit by a bus, car, battery scooter on the way to the pub tonight.

Because for some people - it is already money spent. I personally don't need the money, and if I did get it back it'd likely be spent on some more expensive wanky craft beers, expensive clothes I don't need or something equally as pointless. I could put it in a high risk ISA account based on stocks/shares - but given we may need to put it back in 6 months time I'm sure I'd see much return. Hope that is OK with you.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
It wasn't the fact it was an edit - it was the snide implication that I am complaining about money I don't need. It is exactly the opposite. I would be willing to leave the refund amount in the club as I am lucky in that I don't desperately need £200 to survive. I cannot, however, justify paying another £300 over the next 3 months for no apparent reason. And this isn't free money - if I take it now, I will face increased payments at a later date. I don't like the implication from the club that if I can afford not to take a refund, I can afford to keep paying and I certainly don't like the implication that I should just give money away if I am forced to take it.

You are right to be perplexed by the club's position on 1901 refunds but also a lot of these seats will be business owned so clearly less consideration for personal finances.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Because for some people - it is already money spent. I personally don't need the money, and if I did get it back it'd likely be spent on some more expensive wanky craft beers, expensive clothes I don't need or something equally as pointless. I could put it in a high risk ISA account based on stocks/shares - but given we may need to put it back in 6 months time I'm sure I'd see much return. Hope that is OK with you.

I'm the same. I've spent the money. It's not enough to earn anything much off so it's easier to just leave it. At some point my position may change but for now this is the path of least hassle

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Not received an email. I got the last one re my season ticket but i don't get the marketing ones (too much about the Womens's team) nor the PB chat. i am wondering too if they're taking the Nov 2 dd that was mentioned as going out still in the previous email.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here