Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Cambridge Utd fan Simon Dobbin.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
RIP. Horrific on every level.

I wonder if there is grounds for those responsible to be re-arrested and charged with manslaughter or murder?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

I wonder if there is grounds for those responsible to be re-arrested and charged with manslaughter or murder?

From BBC Website

In a statement, Det Ch Insp Stephen Jennings, of Essex Police, said: "Our thoughts go to Simon's family and friends at this very difficult time.

"We will review the initial investigation to establish whether we need to take any further action."

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sounds such a horrible attack too - wasn’t 2 firms fighting, was a pack of bullies picking on random fans. ********s

RIP fella

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Horrific. That could be any one of us, just the wrong place at the wrong time. RIP Simon, a man who went to the football to follow his team, and never fully returned.

I hope the ratboy filth who are responsible for this are now re-charged with manslaughter and locked up accordingly. They do not deserve to breathe the same air as us in a football ground ever, ever again.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Horrific. That could be any one of us, just the wrong place at the wrong time. RIP Simon, a man who went to the football to follow his team, and never fully returned.

I hope the ratboy filth who are responsible for this are now re-charged with manslaughter and locked up accordingly. They do not deserve to breathe the same air as us in a football ground ever, ever again.

This. I hope they're now shi*ting themselves about the prospect of being sent down for manslaughter.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Horrific story. Poor soul got attacked and was effectively given a 5 year death sentence with his family and friends looking on. The moronic savages who attacked him got a disproportional punishment that barley scratched the surface. Our justice system needs a reform in places.

Rest in peace Simon.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Echo Easy’s comments. Do the family have the stomach for a prolonged legal battle if the attackers are retried for a much greater crime? It’s not going to bring Simon back. And morally, everyone already knows the attackers ended his life ‘as was‘ that fateful day.

I hope they’re haunted by their actions until their dying breaths. How on Earth anyone can live with themselves after causing so much pain and misery to so many I simply can’t comprehend.

A total but needless tragedy.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

If only! I strongly suspect there isn't - a more disgraceful and horrible version of 'we can't touch Pickford because it was offside before the foul' - sometimes the bloody laws are worse than the crime!.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
RIP buddy.

Attacked for being a fan of an opposing club. How utterly pointless. So fecking sad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here