Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Republic of Ireland, 12 November

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Will be nice to see some Albion stars playing at Wembley.

cono.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Goodness me that barne

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This match is not really need at present.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
This match is not really need at present.

Not really needed at any time is it?

Whilst i couldn't stand the fella in many ways, at least Sir Alex used to come up with all sorts of excuses why his Man Utd players couldn't play in these pointless friendlies. It's about time other club managers did likewise. The clubs pay the wages, it's the clubs that take the hit if a player gets a long term injury when playing in these mickey mouse games, it should be the clubs standing up and saying "Enough!"

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not convinced international football during a global pandemic really makes much sense TBH

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Not a popular one with Irish fans. If we lose that, we're likely to drop into the third seeding for the World Cup qualifiers (currently somehow still holding onto pot 2), although we can rescue this with wins against Wales/Bulgaria.

On a personal level it looks likely that I will no longer be able to claim that England have never beaten Ireland in my lifetime (I'm 35) afterwards as well...

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It's their Cup Final,bless 'em

Not at all, I live here and obviously most my friends follow England so it's a nice little boast. I'm sure they'd say the same if it was the other way around.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I doubt it

Ireland are not on England's radar when it comes to football

Ok. I mean I can assure you that my friends and I do discuss football and the teams we support. But whatever.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Didn't hate it enough not to earn a good living there for a few years though like many of the English hating Oirish.
Pretty much every Irish person I know is very happy living over here.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here