Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Vaccine Thread

Would you take a vaccine if offered, as per the post below?

• YES - Let's get this COVID thing done and over with.

Votes: 201 78.5%
  • NO - I still have issues about a rushed vaccine/I don't need to/I'm not happy with being forced to.

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • UNSURE - I still can't tell what I'll do when it comes to it.

Votes: 26 10.2%

• Total voters

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
nah, much better to just restrict them, no travel, access to social events, etc., see how long until they get one. the few nutters left are best left to stew in their hovels.

I suspect you'll know this. Given the really small numbers of infections in both groups not only do I wonder about the statistical reliability (but that can swing either way) but also the different behaviours of those in the tests.

Not much point giving a vaccine to someone who is going to self isolate, so is there any reference you know of to how these people go on to behave? In my world I'd tell them all to ignore the basic covid avoidance measures, but that seems a bit extreme and unreasonable

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I suspect you'll know this. Given the really small numbers of infections in both groups not only do I wonder about the statistical reliability (but that can swing either way) but also the different behaviours of those in the tests.

Not much point giving a vaccine to someone who is going to self isolate, so is there any reference you know of to how these people go on to behave? In my world I'd tell them all to ignore the basic covid avoidance measures, but that seems a bit extreme and unreasonable

thats one reason why they give half the trail participants a placebo, to account for behaviours. the trial protocol is to test until you have target number of infections reported, then compare how many are in the group receiving the treatment and the group not. so behaviour changes affect the length of the trail not the validity of outcome. they'll have vetted those on the trail to bias away from those isolating and to those likely to lead normal lives (a lot of medical staff and keyworkers).

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
thats one reason why they give half the trail participants a placebo, to account for behaviours. the trial protocol is to test until you have target number of infections reported, then compare how many are in the group receiving the treatment and the group not. so behaviour changes affect the length of the trail not the validity of outcome. they'll have vetted those on the trail to bias away from those isolating and to those likely to lead normal lives (a lot of medical staff and keyworkers).

There was no such vetting on my Novavax trial, it’s open to everyone.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So Oxford Vaccine is 70% effective, 90% if the dosage is tweeked. Much cheaper and easier to roll out than the other vaccines, and great solution for the developing world as well

This is pretty good news isn't it?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So Oxford Vaccine is 70% effective, 90% if the dosage is tweeked. Much cheaper and easier to roll out than the other vaccines, and great solution for the developing world as well

This is pretty good news isn't it?

Pretty much on par with the flu vaccine, so very good news if it is cheaper, can be stored in easier conditions etc.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
nah, much better to just restrict them, no travel, access to social events, etc., see how long until they get one. the few nutters left are best left to stew in their hovels.

that's fine ....you vax bitches jump in front , the others will wait until it looks safe ......some will jump on a boat and ********** daily into the Indian ocean ....can you tell which one i am...:):):):)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I dare you to post something positive... Go on, you know you can! :)

Seriously though, maybe I should ignore it, but it is difficult when you see some of the stuff that is being trotted out, on social media, some of the newspapers, etc., as I have explained elsewhere my wife, who is extremely vulnerable, and will probably be one of the first offered the vaccine, is now not sure she wants to have it, as she has read some of the shit that gets put on Facebook.

While it is great questioning things and keeping an open mind, your posts do tend to be on the negative side of things - I'm guessing you would say that's to give balance, but it's not balanced if it's only from one side.

I like to keep an open mind about things, and do question when I feel the need, equally I put trust in people, the person who builds the plane I fly in, the manufacturer of the car I drive, the people who make the food I eat - and yes, the people who design and manufacture the drugs that are taken daily!

Facebook is a virus. It would be wise to turn it off and inoculate yourself against its poison.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I don't agree with mandatory vaccines but good luck trying to go on holiday abroad (bearing in mind freedom of movement round Europe ends on January 1st as well) without one.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I don't agree with mandatory vaccines but good luck trying to go on holiday abroad (bearing in mind freedom of movement round Europe ends on January 1st as well) without one.

I have a tattered yellow fever vaccination certificate folded into my passport. Still required for travel between certain countries. Those that talk about personal choice I suspect will get exactly that. A choice. Have the vaccination and travel freely. Or don't have the vaccination and don't travel freely.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Fauci has raised concerns as well, an activist as well?
Fauci is an embarrassment to his profession. If he had any dignity and professional moral, he would have resigned and called Trump out a long time ago. Instead, he stood next to him (not necessarily agreeing, I admit) like a pathetic puppet, preciding over many, many unnecessary deaths.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here