Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Vaccine Thread

Would you take a vaccine if offered, as per the post below?

• YES - Let's get this COVID thing done and over with.

Votes: 201 78.5%
  • NO - I still have issues about a rushed vaccine/I don't need to/I'm not happy with being forced to.

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • UNSURE - I still can't tell what I'll do when it comes to it.

Votes: 26 10.2%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So it's a hit job and nothing to be concerned about ?

exactly as i was going to describe it. seem to want to paint Astrazeneca doing 4 trials (for documented reasons) as bad, while American trials were fine. despite Pfizer announcing before they'd reached completion or formal results published. there's oddness on dosing, a happy error, and a eyebrow over demographics in the trail, which doesnt invalidate the result (trail groups are not evenly distributed anyway). all data will be in front of the regulator for them to see.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
https://www.wired.com/story/the-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-data-isnt-up-to-snuff/

Not so good news.

Seems to be some errors around the dosage as well

Some points with this:

* yes the dosage error was initially a mistake, but after they found out , the parameters of the trail were altered to include the 'wrong dosage' participants with the full blessing of regulators.

*the full data hasn't even been released anyways, so there's no possible way of knowing the depth or lack thereof of the results

*the CEO of astrazeneca himself has said that it shouldn't hold up approval, in the UK anyway. There is a full set of UK data that the regulators here can go off.

*this piece questions the data (which is important, obviously), NOT the efficacy of the vaccine itself

Stay calm...hold the nerve....if there was a serious problem with the data meaning it wouldn't get approval then surely there's no way on earth they'd have made it public. We've been here before with the sensationalist doom-mongering headlines with this vaccine before, remember?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/willia...e-work-in-monkeys-not-really/?sh=7be980543c71

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Some points with this:

* yes the dosage error was initially a mistake, but after they found out , the parameters of the trail were altered to include the 'wrong dosage' participants with the full blessing of regulators.

*the full data hasn't even been released anyways, so there's no possible way of knowing the depth or lack thereof of the results

*the CEO of astrazeneca himself has said that it shouldn't hold up approval, in the UK anyway. There is a full set of UK data that the regulators here can go off.

*this piece questions the data (which is important, obviously), NOT the efficacy of the vaccine itself

Stay calm...hold the nerve....if there was a serious problem with the data meaning it wouldn't get approval then surely there's no way on earth they'd have made it public. We've been here before with the sensationalist doom-mongering headlines with this vaccine before, remember?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/willia...e-work-in-monkeys-not-really/?sh=7be980543c71

Seems it was not a doseage error more a supply shortage and half dose/full dose is not unusual.
(see above post)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The end might finally be in sight ....

And yes, I know, should be in the Covid sub-forum !

Finally, we might be able to defeat this killer ..... have to admit it's brought a tear to my eye ..... as another thread highlighted, it's been hard on many people, both physically and mentally.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55145696

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It should be in the good news thread. Unfortunately, the first reply to it means I don't want to mass move it :facepalm:

Edit - it's on the good news thread so I'm chucking this in with the vaccine thread in CV19.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Manufacturers of the vaccine are exempt from prosecution!

because its given without prescription! standard for all vaccines! still have to pass clinical trials and regulators!

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
How come they're rolling out the Pfizer vaccine, I thought the other one was better?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I wonder how they will prove eligibility? What is to stop British citizens living overseas coming back for a cheeky vaccination?

The idea is to stop the spread so surely the more the merrier?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What is it with people that don't want the vaccine that causes them to TELL EVERYONE THAT THEY WON'T BE, ALL THE TIME?!?!?!

If you don't want to, fine, but stop banging on about it !

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What if the EU body responsible for approving the vaccine rejects it?? Or is there slim to no chance of this happening? Surely that would make the take up of vaccine in the UK incredibly low, particularly given that they don't tell you which vaccine you get (if and when the other 2 vaccines get approved in the UK).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here