Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Vaccine Thread

Would you take a vaccine if offered, as per the post below?

• YES - Let's get this COVID thing done and over with.

Votes: 201 78.5%
  • NO - I still have issues about a rushed vaccine/I don't need to/I'm not happy with being forced to.

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • UNSURE - I still can't tell what I'll do when it comes to it.

Votes: 26 10.2%

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Which is what they are doing, East Sussex only has one vaccine centre I heard earlier? Is this true?

There’s no point diverting if there isn’t the places to do it.
They are not doing very well at diverting then !

My surgery has been ready to go. No vaccine. No one vaccinated. No one.

It's a Postcode lottery. And not helped by politicians glorying in announcing that they are onto the over 70s category already.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Granted this is 10 days ago, but it seems the South East is doing ok, if it was a major issue across the country it would be everywhere by now.

It was always going to be the way that some areas would be lagging behind due to the number of people in each age group being different in each county.

New NHS data shows 2,371,407 doses have been given in total across the country - that includes 1,997,304 first doses and 374,103 second doses - in the week leading up to 10 January.

Most coronavirus vaccines have been delivered in the Midlands (447,329), followed by 433,045 in the North East and Yorkshire and 411,257 in the South East.

A total of 237,524 have been administered in London.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

It's a Postcode lottery. And not helped by politicians glorying in announcing that they are onto the over 70s category already.

true doesnt look like they are achieving a very even distribution. there's no real reason either with Oxford vaccine, send it out to all GPs, let them manage it like regular flu programme.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Which is what they are doing, East Sussex only has one vaccine centre I heard earlier? Is this true?

There’s no point diverting if there isn’t the places to do it.

No, that's not true. Eastbourne has three that have been running for a while and another one is opening on Sunday at the Sovereign Centre.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Well the big fear is that along with the 12 week gap, they will mix Pfizer 1st doses with AZ-Oxford 2nd doses. Again with no scientific data to do so.

But maybe the clowns in charge will surprise me. :shrug:

The decision has been made by JVCI and SAGE.

People talk about this as if Hancock and Johnson just pulled the policy out of thin air.

I can't remember his name but one of the World's top vaccine experts who was involved in the Oxford group had said that it would have to behave differently to every vaccine ever made to not work with a 12 week gap.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
sketch-1611350138013.png

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
BMA are saying cut the gap between the jabs now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55777084

It's a strange sort of argument, though.

One of their arguments is that no-one else in the world is doing 12 weeks. That's no argument.

Another is that we don't have data of what happens after more than 6 weeks, so we shouldn't let it get beyond 6 weeks. Well, why not wait till we do have the data? The one thing we aren't short of with this pandemic is data. The UK is producing vast amounts of data about infection rates for people who have just had a single jab, so rather than saying we should restrict it to six weeks because we don't know what happens after 7, then why not wait till 7 weeks and find out what actually does happen? If it shows the vaccine losing effectiveness, then they can change policy.

This love of theoretical predictions of outcomes is unnecessary when the actual results are becoming available. You only need to theorise as to what might happen, when you don;t have concrete information as to what has happened. That concrete information is flooding in.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Do you have any links? I'd be keen to see cases by time elapsed since jabbed.
I don't have links, but like you. I would be interested to see them. I don't know if the government is publishing the data, but they couldn't possibly be incompetent enough not to have the data. Could they?

Perhaps at the next press conference a journalist might ask to see the numbers of older people with the vaccine, the graph split into total, unvaccinated, vaccinated less than a week ago, vaccinated 1-2 weeks ago, vaccinated 2-3 weeks ago, vaccinated 3+ weeks ago. This is information of vital public interest and it should be published; but if it is published, I haven't found it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don't have links, but like you. I would be interested to see them. I don't know if the government is publishing the data, but they couldn't possibly be incompetent enough not to have the data. Could they?

Perhaps at the next press conference a journalist might ask to see the numbers of older people with the vaccine, the graph split into total, unvaccinated, vaccinated less than a week ago, vaccinated 1-2 weeks ago, vaccinated 2-3 weeks ago, vaccinated 3+ weeks ago. This is information of vital public interest and it should be published; but if it is published, I haven't found it.

I wish I had your confidence!

I also see that the leaders in vaccinations (Israel) are proposing to close borders for minimum 14 days

There's no doubt the data exists, I would love to see it

P.S. Well done on stuffing Fulham today ... despite them missing 4/5 of their best hope it has their heads sagging

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
From the BMJ journal

“In a joint statement Pfizer and BioNTech said, “The safety and efficacy of the vaccine has not been evaluated on different dosing schedules as the majority of trial participants received the second dose within the window specified in the study design . . . There is no data to demonstrate that protection after the first dose is sustained after 21 days.”......
The European Medicines Agency has said that the gap between the first and second doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine should not exceed 42 days. “Any change to this would require a variation to the marketing authorisation as well as more clinical data to support such a change, otherwise it would be considered as ‘off-label use,’”

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
From the BMJ journal

“In a joint statement Pfizer and BioNTech said, “The safety and efficacy of the vaccine has not been evaluated on different dosing schedules as the majority of trial participants received the second dose within the window specified in the study design . . . There is no data to demonstrate that protection after the first dose is sustained after 21 days.”......
The European Medicines Agency has said that the gap between the first and second doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine should not exceed 42 days. “Any change to this would require a variation to the marketing authorisation as well as more clinical data to support such a change, otherwise it would be considered as ‘off-label use,’”
"There is no data" means precisely that. There is no data to say that if you have one jab but not the second, your eyes won't fall out and your hair turn green. But there is no data to say that it will, either.

Israel have just announced a schedule showing significant benefit of a single jab 21 days in. If we wait just one day more, then we will have data about what happens 22 days in. I bet there is still significant benefit.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
From the BMJ journal

same applies for the 42 days (6 week) interval the EMA has approved.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
From the BMJ journal

WHO says 42 days in exceptional circumstances.

UK has got the Queen, lets call it 84 days

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No. The vaccine program is going worse than they are spinning it. Just politicians crowing about vaccinating over 70s.

Not 1 ( one ) person at my Sussex surgery has been vaccinated yet. Not even 1.
Finally, finally, FINALLY my surgery has started vaccinating.

At long last they got there in the end.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here