Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Spencer Davis RIP

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
If this has been posted, then I can't find it.....

Spencer Davis whose group launched the career of Steve Winwood and gave us such hits as "Keep On Running" ,and others , has passed away. Aged 81 apparently.
A great band from a great era in the sixties.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Haven't seen this up yet; an amusing early video. RIP Spencer Davis, the group had a good string of bangers in the '60s. It's also a good time to appreciate the awesomeness of young Steve Winwood. He had it all: great voice, musical chops, song-writing talent and the looks. Sounds like Spencer Davis took him under his wing in a nurturing way, but he was certainly lucky to run into such a young phenom in a Birmingham boozer.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Obviously did SDG first before Winwood solo and now its Traffic‘s and Barleycorn

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Haven't seen this up yet; an amusing early video. RIP Spencer Davis, the group had a good string of bangers in the '60s. It's also a good time to appreciate the awesomeness of young Steve Winwood. He had it all: great voice, musical chops, song-writing talent and the looks. Sounds like Spencer Davis took him under his wing in a nurturing way, but he was certainly lucky to run into such a young phenom in a Birmingham boozer.
[/QUOTE

Stevie Windwood was so young when he was writing with Spencer Davis. A great talent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here