Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ozil

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A journo mate has suggested that Ozil’s contract could be paid up and cancelled by Arsenal in the next few weeks.

Would you look at, if he was prepared to knuckle down and follow Potter’s philosophy, bringing him in to the squad?

Personally I thing he would bring Bassouma and the other young midfielders on in the same way lallana will be vital for the experience he brings

Or have we become happy with our squad that he wouldn’t be worth a punt?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A journo mate has suggested that Ozil’s contract could be paid up and cancelled by Arsenal in the next few weeks.

Would you look at, if he was prepared to knuckle down and follow Potter’s philosophy, bringing him in to the squad?

No.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Personally I thing he would bring Bassouma and the other young midfielders on in the same way lallana will be vital for the experience he brings

Of your 43,000 something posts, tell me this is your worst!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
He’s meant to be on something like 350k a week at Arsenal.

If he was burning with the desire to just play football and enjoy the all-too-fleeting years of glory and achievement his talents could yield, he would have moved somewhere else over the last couple of years, even if it meant dropping to 200k or even 175k a week.

The fact he’s been happy to sit at home arsing around on his Xbox and trousering the money rather than playing football says it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Att.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

If he was burning with the desire to just play football and enjoy the all-too-fleeting years of glory and achievement his talents could yield, he would have moved somewhere else over the last couple of years, even if it meant dropping to 200k or even 175k a week.

The fact he’s been happy to sit at home arsing around on his Xbox and trousering the money rather than playing football says it all.

I'm sure there's a lot more to it, but this is essentially the crux of the matter . . . . Bale being another prime example.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I don't know how he fell out of favour at Arsenal, but I would have thought he was hardly a shining example.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Ahh but he did offer to pay the Mascot's salary all the time he was at Arsenal (Even though 10 years wages for the Mascot was less than a week for Ozil!)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
no, even at a quarter of the speculated wages. i just dont think he wants to play football, but has a very good agent.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I think there's more to it than Ozil being lazy and happy to collect his pay cheque. At international level he openly said he felt like a scapegoat, German when they won and an immigrant when they lost. I think an element of that started to creep in at Arsenal in the last few years, being made a scapegoat for when things went wrong at the club.
I think with a clean slate at a club where he feels valued and not blamed for the clubs failures, then he will be a very good player for someone.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
They say you should try and see things through other people's eyes. Then the Police catch you with a bag full of other people's eyes and suddenly you're a maniac. You can’t win.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Pissed this time of the morning :moo:

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
I think there's more to it than Ozil being lazy and happy to collect his pay cheque. At international level he openly said he felt like a scapegoat, German when they won and an immigrant when they lost. I think an element of that started to creep in at Arsenal in the last few years, being made a scapegoat for when things went wrong at the club.
I think with a clean slate at a club where he feels valued and not blamed for the clubs failures, then he will be a very good player for someone.

Last club he'd want to come to would be here if he wants a clean slate and to avoid being made a scapegoat. NSC would be proclaiming he's shitehouse and he would be the Boo-Boys new favourite target within 10 minutes of making his debut :lolol:

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Last club he'd want to come to would be here if he wants a clean slate and to avoid being made a scapegoat. NSC would be proclaiming he's shitehouse and he would be the Boo-Boys new favourite target within 10 minutes of making his debut :lolol:

Yeah you're probably right about that.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

he is valued at Arsenal, to the tune of 350k a week, contract extended only last January. he fell out with Emery which may be fair enough, but there were signs with Wenger and doesnt seem to have worked it out with Arteta. 3 managers have a problem with you, might just be you are the problem.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Are you allowed to sign players whose contracts were cancelled outside of a transfer window?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I guess he must have a highlights reel but I've never noticed him in a team when watching, always seems anonymous. He's been shite every time we've played the Arse for sure. His best years must be way behind him. He'll end up in Turkey I'd imagine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here