Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Chop - Sky History

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Hopefully the usual suspects will avoid sending this to the Bear Pit as it really would be owning up to what we already know but it is comedy gold. Sky History are about to try and out-do Partridge with a programme to find the best woodcutter. No really. Anyway, during the trailer videos, a very heavily tattooed man is shown with a prominent 88 tattoo. (This is 88 = HH = Heil Hitler or The year of Hitler's birth for the uninitiated). When this was queried, Sky History's Twitter account, in a great Comical Ali impression, claimed it was the year of his father's death and they had checked to make sure he wasn't a Neo Nazi. We are still awaiting their explanation on the 23/16 (= WP = White Power) and Homegrown tattoos. There is also some suggestion he was born 5 years after his father's death going on his age and that he has other Nazi tattoos visible on his face.

A bad day to be the Sky History Twitter guy. :D The replies to this Tweet are Gold.

[TWEET]1318073947515199489[/TWEET]

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Their statement about 88 being the year his dad died is unbelievable LOL

Maybe his dad liked Gothic font and died on 23rd of Sixteenthember. :lolol: Some of the Alan Partridge show ideas on Twitter are great as well.

Lee Mack in Not Goering Out
Spice racks for Nazis with Lee Mack
Fight them on the beeches

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m in all the way with this.... anything to do with muscular men and their choppers.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
23 16, 14, 88, homegrown literally tattooed on his face. :facepalm: Sky. FFS

Unfortunately for him, he has a really thick Somerset accent :hilton:

Which, if he does ever find himself atop a podium directing the legions of the fourth Reich, is going to make him sound less authoritative, and more hilarious.

Freezing that video while he works, you can also see 13, 14 and 16 on his head, as well as the 88 and 20(?) on his cheeks. Maybe this is all a huge misunderstanding and he's really just a massive bingo fan.

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If we believe the Sky comments that the tattoos have no political or idelogical meaning then I can only assume that Darren and Sky are related to Wayne Hennessey and have no knowledge of modern history.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Which, if he does ever find himself atop a podium directing the legions of the fourth Reich, is going to make him sound less authoritative, and more hilarious.

Freezing that video while he works, you can also see 13, 14 and 16 on his head, as well as the 88 and 20(?) on his cheeks. Maybe this is all a huge misunderstanding and he's really just a massive bingo fan.

So you’ve dismissed Him as a maths professor already have you ?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Or maybe his dad is also Stephen Ireland's gran and died in many different years.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Looks like Sky History finally got the message and deleted their doubling down tweets.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
My memories a bit hazy on this but didn't ITV's World of Sport used to do a world sports teams feature which was basically lumberjacks showing off their skills. There were races to saw or chop massive logs, scaling huge logs with boot crampons and log rolling over some water. I actually recall it being quite entertaining. The following week by contrast would often be something like cliff diving from Acapulco!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can't imagine many people watching this, tbh. Certainly absolutely nothing there to appeal to me!

Nor me. I think one of our posters will now be an avid viewer and he knows nothing about wood cutting.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
To be fair, he has a Nautical star on his head too, my research suggests that this could indicate that he was either in the US Navy or is a Lesbian.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here