Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for West Brom

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Will be really poor man management if he doesn’t, I’m 100%sure he will start

Why? How do you know how well he's been doing day to day? Does Burn deserve to be dropped because Veltman has to start?

I'm not saying he shouldn't start, just don't believe its poor man management if he doesn't - it's professional sport, if GP thinks someone else is a better option, then that is the decision.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm quite excited to see how we line up vs West Brom. Potter may change personel or a completely new formation, whatever happens it will be difficult for West Brom to know.

Impossible for us and the players too . . . not even sure Pottinker does either, at least until he's read his tealeaves :lolol:

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Ryan
Veltman White Webster
Lamptey Bissouma Alzate March
Lallana
Maupay Connolly

Subs. Sanchez ,Macallister,Trossard,Welbeck,Molumby, Burn, Ali J

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
....................... Ryan
...Veltman .......White ........Webster
Lamptey . Alzate . Bissouma . March
.......Lallana . Maupay . Trossard

Bench; Sanchez, Burn, Bernardo, Propper, MacAlister, Welbeck, Connolly

Hard choices there... could easily rotate out Maupay and Trossard from their Palace performances and start MacAlister + a different striker.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Why? How do you know how well he's been doing day to day? Does Burn deserve to be dropped because Veltman has to start?

I'm not saying he shouldn't start, just don't believe its poor man management if he doesn't - it's professional sport, if GP thinks someone else is a better option, then that is the decision.

Of course your statement is correct, and as with most on here don’t have an insight track. Other than injury I am sure he will start, great experience to compensate for the loss of Dunk and recognition to Veltman he hasn’t joined to be a sub. Let’s see

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Palace game aside, Trossard has been excellent this season and very good post lock down so I'm surprised how many people aren't putting him in their side. He's a quality player and one of the first names on the team sheet IMO. He and Lallana would start every game for me if fit.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Palace game aside, Trossard has been excellent this season and very good post lock down so I'm surprised how many people aren't putting him in their side. He's a quality player and one of the first names on the team sheet IMO. He and Lallana would start every game for me if fit.

Totally agree. Think he was flat after his exertions with the Belgium team. Expecting him to back to his normal self against WBA.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree Veltman comes in for Dunk. I also think that because it's WBA that March is the more adventurous choice of LWB than Burn.

I'm also in the minority but - if he is fully fit - I'd start Welbeck. 20 shots v Palace, only 3 on target and their keeper hardly tested shows we need change and we need quality. This is a match we have to try and win. What's the worst thing that can happen? He underperforms and we sub him for Connolly.

My team: Ryan, Lamptey, March, Veltman, White, Webster, Bissouma, Lallana, Trossard, Maupay, Welbeck.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He's done enough in his cameos to get a start. Working out who deserves to be dropped is much more tricky

True, but he's done enough in his starts to get a cameo. Which might be another way of saying that, while he's doing well with his cameos, we should keep his appearances to cameos.*

*I say this in full awareness that he's young, has only been in the country eight months, is adapting to the PL, etc. Like so many in our squad, he's a real talent and will, in all likelihood, improve. And this might be another way of saying, hats off to the scouting and recruitment departments.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
——————-Steele——————
—Veltman—Webster—-Burn——-
Lamptey——-White————March
———Bissouma—-Alzate————
——————Lallana——————-
——————Welbeck——————

Subs
Ryan
Bernardo
Molumby
Groß
MacAllister
Maupay
Connolly

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
WBA.jpg

Trossard gets a chance to show the Palace game was a blip, but MacArgie on for at least half an hour if Tross isn't at the races.
Alzate on for Lallana at some point and maybe a cameo for Welbeck to give Connolly or Maupay a rest (or on for Veltman to switch to 4-3-3 if we REALLY need a late goal)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Plenty of players for sure. Where's the LEADERS? ???

Sorry, but unless there's someone on the pitch to drill the players through their paces, then it don't look particularly promising, sadly. All the leaders either shipped out or suspended :shrug:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Sorry, but unless there's someone on the pitch to drill the players through their paces, then it don't look particularly promising, sadly. All the leaders either shipped out or suspended :shrug:

Lallana was shouting, cajoling and directing team all over last Sunday. SO WE"RE SAVED.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Webster, Lallana, Ryan, Veltman

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here