Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for West Brom

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Question for the folks of NSC about the West Brom game. Do pubs show these PPV games? I will be in London Monday and wondered if there is anywhere likely to be showing it or do pubs just stick to the other games usually on Sky/BT?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I agree Veltman comes in for Dunk. I also think that because it's WBA that March is the more adventurous choice of LWB than Burn.

I'm also in the minority but - if he is fully fit - I'd start Welbeck. 20 shots v Palace, only 3 on target and their keeper hardly tested shows we need change and we need quality. This is a match we have to try and win. What's the worst thing that can happen? He underperforms and we sub him for Connolly.

My team: Ryan, Lamptey, March, Veltman, White, Webster, Bissouma, Lallana, Trossard, Maupay, Welbeck.

We start him, he underperforms, then does his ankle, gets stretchered off for Connolly and gets partnered in a 2 with Andone at the treatment centre till February!

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Question for the folks of NSC about the West Brom game. Do pubs show these PPV games? I will be in London Monday and wondered if there is anywhere likely to be showing it or do pubs just stick to the other games usually on Sky/BT?

Don't forget that London is tier 2 so you can't go to the pub with anyone you don't live with.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
With 8 days to acclimatise, IF he's fit I'd wager he'll make the squad ?

A lot will depend on how GP see's Welback fit in with other players . . . .

Start with AJ/MacAl - Maupay - Trossard . . . see what happens. . . .

Welbeck/Gross/COnnolly on the bech

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We start him, he underperforms, then does his ankle, gets stretchered off for Connolly and gets partnered in a 2 with Andone at the treatment centre till February!

He could get injured at any time, even if he comes on as sub for the last 10 minutes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not a prob, will just be me and the missus. Know any pubs in central london likely to be showing it?

Sports Bar & Grill chain have reopened some of their places. I’ve used them a few times as easier than chasing around trying to find an independent place, always been ok. Easy to reserve a table and the food is kind of what you’d expect.

https://www.sportsbarandgrill.co.uk/welcome-back

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Couldn't see another thread. Quite straight forward for me, Welbeck into the match day squad for Dunk. Alzate then replaces Dunk in the team with White dropping back:

--------------------Ryan
--------White - Webster - Burn
Lamptey - Bissouma - Alzate - March
-------------------Lallana
------------Maupay - Trossard

Subs:

Steele
Veltman
Bernardo
Mac Allister
Gross
Connolly
Welbeck

Probably a good reason why you haven't seen a thread on it...........with PPV no one's interested ! Will be beat the 74 viewers who alledgedly watched WBA v Burnley ?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I agree Veltman comes in for Dunk. I also think that because it's WBA that March is the more adventurous choice of LWB than Burn.

I'm also in the minority but - if he is fully fit - I'd start Welbeck. 20 shots v Palace, only 3 on target and their keeper hardly tested shows we need change and we need quality. This is a match we have to try and win. What's the worst thing that can happen? He underperforms and we sub him for Connolly.

My team: Ryan, Lamptey, March, Veltman, White, Webster, Bissouma, Lallana, Trossard, Maupay, Welbeck.

Very light in midfield.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As tempted as I am to suggest a flat back 4 ( Veltman-White-Webster-Burn ) a quick look suggests WBA attacked heavily via the wings, so wing backs must be the way for us to attack and effectively defend.

Lallana for an hour, replaced by AliMac.

I wonder if Pottinker would dare try Welbeck - Maupay - Trossard . . . .

Bissouma and Lallana in the middle

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Ryan
Lamptey, White, Webster, Burn, March
Bissouma, Alzate
Lallana
Trossard, Maupay

Steele, Veltman, Gross, Ali J, Mac Allister, Connolly, Zeqiri/Welbeck

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We were so good recently, just need that week where the bad luck turns good and we win 3-0 again. For that reason same side as palarse except White slots back into defense for Dunk and Molumby in to midfield for me. But I'm weird.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Have shared on another thread but this will be the first Albion line up in 165 league games - since the first Sheff Weds play off in May 2016 i think - to have neither Lewis Dunk and Shane Duffy starting.

Last edited:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Have shared on another thread but this will be the first Albion line up in 165 league games - since the first Sheff Weds play off in May 2016 i think - to have neither Lewis Dunk and Shane Duffy starting.

I find this interesting in that I am interested to find out whether someone told you this or if you trawled through every one of the last 165 starting line ups yourself to work this out?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I find this interesting in that I am interested to find out whether someone told you this or if you trawled through every one of the last 165 starting line ups yourself to work this out?

Ha ! Its not very hard as its just a case of looking at the handful of games (hardly any) that Dunk has missed in the last 4 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here