Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £14.95 to a Brighton foodbank instead - Monday PPV vs. West Brom.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Stuff PPV - donate to local food bank

Great effort from those up north to donate £20k to their food bank, rather than line the pockets of broadcasters and the PL with the obscene 15 quid PPV.

I will be donating my £15 rather than giving it to box office greed. Can BHA maintain the momentum of this great quest, started by real fans?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Listen to the WBA game on audio, forego the video and donate 15 quid. Then, with the obvious 3 points, feel double good about life and yourself.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Great effort from those up north to donate £20k to their food bank, rather than line the pockets of broadcasters and the PL with the obscene 15 quid PPV.

I will be donating my £15 rather than giving it to box office greed. Can BHA maintain the momentum of this great quest, started by real fans?

Since the Albion hope to recoup about 1.5 home games worth of fan income from PPV, I'm not sure you will get whatever momentum you hope for from them.

Edit: I have no clue what this initiative is. Who up north is donating £20k to a foodbank?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Erm, I meant BHA as in the BHA fans, not the Club. This is an entirely fan driven and fan funded charitable gesture.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Edit: I have no clue what this initiative is. Who up north is donating £20k to a foodbank?

Newcastle fans, as a protest against PPV, started a campaign to encourage donate the money rather than pay the PPV asking price.

I believe I read that Leeds and Burnley fans are doing similar.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
SSE...

Fans of ManUre and NUFC apparently got together and decided to boycott PPV, and instead donate their 15 quids to a Tyneside food bank. Together it boosted their coffers by £20k.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Undecided if I want to chuck £14-95 at whoever gets it to watch the West Brom match. If I want to, I will. But I'd be quite happy to put £15 in some co-ordinated Sussex based Charity in protest at having to pay it. I'm not going to protest against the Albion, but the Premier League and the broadcasters are fair game. I only really have Sky Sports to watch Albion. I sometimes take a monthly BT Sport Pass, but only watch the Albion for my £25. I don't regard my season ticket money as paying twice, but let's not open that can of worms again. Bur Premier League Football is very expensive to watch and that £14-95 is a kick in the teeth for a lot of fans, most of whom are feeling taken for a ride as an indirect money pit for clubs to pay ridiculous fees for players with obscene wages. I'm happy to support a local protest gesture, although not via Brighton Council who have wrecked my town (city) and would undoubtedly somehow suck up some of the credit. Personal views obviously and not going to debate them.:smile:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Fair play to them but if they raised 20k then only about 1333 people contributed from two clubs that have massive home support!

Both in fact have supporters far in excess of their capacity. I wonder what the view figures will be.

From my perspective, I'll be paying the £15 to watch the game.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Really? If that is your genuine attitude then I assume you don't actually go to any games in view of the obscene ticket prices and cost of a pie!

Last edited:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It is possible to over-analyse and over-think this. The initiative in the north east was purely about making a charitable gesture rather than lining pockets that are already lined with silk. It’s not that complicated.

£20,000 for a local food bank is literally a life-saver for some of the most needy in our society. If you can’t see that simple connection, that’s fine. The rest of us have a conscience. That’s all.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The money raised is supposed to be to help clubs who aren't seeing any matchday revenue.
I can understand Newcastle and United fans wanting to boycott their clubs games as the purpose of this is to hurt the clubs owners.]
Newcastle still haven't refunded season ticket payments.

However the money is split between all clubs so in effect the 20k has had an impact of United and Newcastle not getting 1k.

In our club's case they have focussed on supporting local businesses and charities throughout the pandemic.
They have also offered to refund season tickets whilst facing a £20m hole in the budget from Matchday revenue.

I don't particularly want to give them a bloody nose, by making sure PPV is a failure.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here