Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] New Photo Exhibition - David Bowie 1973-76 - Brighton Museum

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Heads up for anyone not yet aware.

'An exhibition of unique photographs taken by David Bowie’s close friend and travelling companion Geoff MacCormack between 1973-76.
From Ziggy Stardust, Aladdin Sane and the ground-breaking Diamond Dogs’ tour across the USA, Japan and the UK via Russia (on the Trans Siberian Express) to Bowie’s first major film The Man Who Fell to Earth, and the recording of Station to Station, this exhibition of intimate photographs, gives a glimpse of a close friendship, and life on the road with one of the greatest rock stars of all time.

The exhibition includes recently rediscovered and never previously seen images of Bowie alongside rarely seen film footage shot by Bowie of the May Day Parade in Moscow, 1973, film of Bowie as Ziggy Stardust, and a specially created exhibition playlist.'

https://brightonmuseums.org.uk/brig...rock-n-roll-with-me-bowie-maccormack-1973-76/

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Heads up for anyone not yet aware.

'An exhibition of unique photographs taken by David Bowie’s close friend and travelling companion Geoff MacCormack between 1973-76.
From Ziggy Stardust, Aladdin Sane and the ground-breaking Diamond Dogs’ tour across the USA, Japan and the UK via Russia (on the Trans Siberian Express) to Bowie’s first major film The Man Who Fell to Earth, and the recording of Station to Station, this exhibition of intimate photographs, gives a glimpse of a close friendship, and life on the road with one of the greatest rock stars of all time.

The exhibition includes recently rediscovered and never previously seen images of Bowie alongside rarely seen film footage shot by Bowie of the May Day Parade in Moscow, 1973, film of Bowie as Ziggy Stardust, and a specially created exhibition playlist.'

https://brightonmuseums.org.uk/brig...rock-n-roll-with-me-bowie-maccormack-1973-76/

Yeah, love the photograph of Bowie asleep on the Trans Siberian Express (he didn't like flying)

Think the exhibition is on until next June

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, love the photograph of Bowie asleep on the Trans Siberian Express (he didn't like flying)

Went along this morning, and for sure made things more interesting, photo-wise, that Bowie had a fear of flying. Guess it also helped if you were best mates with someone like Bowie. Jammy bastid! Not for the first time, or even the hundredth time, could kick meself for not lugging a camera around the place in the 70's. Seems really bizarre now that it crossed so few people's minds. Disappointed doesn't even BEGIN to cover it. Gah! Gah! And thrice Gah! :facepalm:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Went along this morning, and for sure made things more interesting, photo-wise, that Bowie had a fear of flying. Guess it also helped if you were best mates with someone like Bowie. Jammy bastid! Not for the first time, or even the hundredth time, could kick meself for not lugging a camera around the place in the 70's. Seems really bizarre now that it crossed so few people's minds. Disappointed doesn't even BEGIN to cover it. Gah! Gah! And thrice Gah! :facepalm:

Geoff did have amazing access over an incredibly creative part of David's life.

Was it busy.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Geoff did have amazing access over an incredibly creative part of David's life.

Was it busy.

No more than about a dozen people. But then again the exhibition runs for months, so it'll probably never get much busier than that, I'd have thought, apart from maybe weekends. But you need to book a slot (30 minute intervals) so numbers are pretty closely controlled either way

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
No more than about a dozen people. But then again the exhibition runs for months, so it'll probably never get much busier than that, I'd have thought, apart from maybe weekends. But you need to book a slot (30 minute intervals) so numbers are pretty closely controlled either way

Strangely after my post a flyer came through my door for this!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

A lot more of us would have done if digital cameras had been around back then! Buying film and getting the pictures processed wasn't cheap, especially for younger people on student grants or starter jobs wages!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A lot more of us would have done if digital cameras had been around back then! Buying film and getting the pictures processed wasn't cheap, especially for younger people on student grants or starter jobs wages!

I remember shooting 4 rolls at a the European Grand Prix in the early 80’s.... Then had to wait till I could afford to get them developed ( yes they were all shit bar one )

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

When I try to book via the link no dates come up and it says nothing available...

Tried it on 3 browers and get the same answer so must be sold out or shitty site ( or is it just me)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Obviously I’m going to go. Thanks for heads up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

When I try to book via the link no dates come up and it says nothing available...

Tried it on 3 browers and get the same answer so must be sold out or shitty site ( or is it just me)

Saw something on the museum site that says they're only taking bookings about a week in advance so not to get ahead of themselves Covid-wise. Seems like a sensible plan, seeing as how policy on this stuff changes in two shakes of a lamb's tail

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here