Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Captain In Place Of Dunk?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Never seen the point of having a goalie as captain. It needs to go to the most experienced or influential outfield player, preferably a midfielder. I’d go Lallana or Gross if they are playing. Don’t see any of the rest as suitable.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
Burn, Webster and Trossard were captains at their previous clubs. Don't know who is in the current leadership group but probably them plus Llanana, Ryan and Dunk. If Dunk not playing, then one of the others in the leadership group. My guess is it will be Webster as he was handed the arm band when Dunk left the field on Sunday.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
My guess is it will be Webster as he was handed the arm band when Dunk left the field on Sunday.

What?

52-Pascal-Gross.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A left side vote for Solly. Confidence is important for a footballer, and what better way to install confidence than to make them captain. After all, as captain, all he has to do is toss the coin - we still have 'captains on the pitch' - Lallana, Veltman (if he plays), Webster, Bissouma, Alzate even.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
A left side vote for Solly. Confidence is important for a footballer, and what better way to install confidence than to make them captain. After all, as captain, all he has to do is toss the coin - we still have 'captains on the pitch' - Lallana, Veltman (if he plays), Webster, Bissouma, Alzate even.

A good call.

I would go with Solly, Lallana or Webster in that order.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think West Brom will be the first game without either Dunk or Duffy in the starting line up since May 2016 when Goldson and Greer were the centre backs in our final game of the 2015/16 season.

edit >> Dunk was actually back for the 2nd leg of the Sheff Weds (H) play off. So the last game was in fact the first leg of the play offs when we lost 2-0. Goldson and Greer again being the 2 centre backs.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here