Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Captain In Place Of Dunk?

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
Can't see any discussion so far on this, but with Lewis Dunk serving a three match suspension who's going to be stand-in Captain?

No obvious choice springs to mind, but I would guess it'll be between;

Trossard
Gross (if he could last the full 90)
Lallana (ditto)
Propper (if he was fit)

Any other thoughts?

Where's Dale Stephens when you need him? :D

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lallana for sure.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Maty has to be in the mix

Yves leads by example on the pitch. He's absolutely everywhere, so I hope to see him progress to take Dale's role as part of the on field leadership group.

Lallana is my guess though, probably passing off the arm band to Webster when he leaves in the 65th minute.

I'm totally confident that GP will look at the dressing room dynamic and work out the best pick. Although we're a young team, there are some mature heads there

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
Maty has to be in the mix

Yves leads by example on the pitch. He's absolutely everywhere, so I hope to see him progress to take Dale's role as part of the on field leadership group.

Lallana is my guess though, probably passing off the arm band to Webster when he leaves in the 65th minute.

I'm totally confident that GP will look at the dressing room dynamic and work out the best pick. Although we're a young team, there are some mature heads there

Forgot about Maty Ryan.
Not sure that Bissouma is there yet…… Mind you, nothing like being thrown in at the deep end to see how you fare? It's the sort of move that GP could actually make.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Lallana no question. Obvious leader and now he's getting fitter he should be one of the first name's on the team sheet, the guy oozes class as we saw on Sunday.

That little run and through ball to Maupay was exactly something I've been wanting to see an Albion player do for years. Very exciting.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Loved Lallana's comments on MOTD. Great addition to the Albion. Captain material. Or Webdini if Lallana on sidelines

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Definitely Lallana.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Depends on what Potter wants in a stand-in.

If it's an experienced pro who can influence games, it'll be Lallana
If it's someone he expects to play all the minutes comfortably, it'll be Ryan / Webster
If he's committed to comedy, it'll be Maupay

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Bissouma captain? Someone is having a giraffe there surely, fantastic player but for me he’s absolutely not a leader.

Potter will know who has the most respect in the changing room after Dunk, I would guess it will be Ryan, based on his stature and professionalism he shows. Lallana is a good shout but he hasn’t been here long,.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not a fan of goal keepers as captains so hopefully not Ryan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here