Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Relegation Thread 2020/21 - Reasons to be cheerful !

According to the latest bookies odds we will finish 14th. If so - it will be our first season outside the bottom 6 & finishing above Palace. I’ll take that. B8DCA99F-8188-4434-B26B-B385292BE240.png

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think we will score a lot of goals this time.

If we can just shore up the back and let White Dunk Webster get a rhythm and understanding, I think we can have a very special season indeed. Certainly looking up rather than down.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
We're still in silly season. After about 12 games is when we'll see teams true colours and how well they're gonna do. Gonna be a toughest season yet but on our day we can beat anyone I'm confident we'll have enough to survive and maybe even push top 10/12.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
What a difference a season makes , Sheffield Utd finished 9th and but for a bad last 5 games could of sneaked into the European football theater , and are now 6-4 to go down after 5 games .

Burnley
Palace ( Roy gone by Christmas )
Fulham

Will be relegated .

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Already got a small bet on Leeds to go down, and at 14/1 tempted to put on a bit more. Not that I think they WILL be relegated. I think they will very probably be safe. But those odds do look like good value right now.

What I saw last night (as opposed to the story of Leeds' superhuman ability based on the mythical 'murderball' I was being fed by the commentators) was a very clear tactic by Wolves. Which worked. Soak up the pressure first half, hit them hard when they begin to flag and then sit back again and see the game out. For me it always looked comfortable. Not every team will have the ability to play it like that, but given that Leeds won't change the way they play, I won't be surprised if they start to struggle more often as managers know what to expect and set up to nullify. Leeds are certainly impressive in attack, and fun to watch, but I'm not sure that they are quite good enough to make up for the risks they take in defence. As above, we are still early days, and haven't settled enough to get a proper sense of how the season is likely to play out.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Already got a small bet on Leeds to go down, and at 14/1 tempted to put on a bit more. Not that I think they WILL be relegated. I think they will very probably be safe. But those odds do look like good value right now.

What I saw last night (as opposed to the story of Leeds' superhuman ability based on the mythical 'murderball' I was being fed by the commentators) was a very clear tactic by Wolves. Which worked. Soak up the pressure first half, hit them hard when they begin to flag and then sit back again and see the game out. For me it always looked comfortable. Not every team will have the ability to play it like that, but given that Leeds won't change the way they play, I won't be surprised if they start to struggle more often as managers know what to expect and set up to nullify. Leeds are certainly impressive in attack, and fun to watch, but I'm not sure that they are quite good enough to make up for the risks they take in defence. As above, we are still early days, and haven't settled enough to get a proper sense of how the season is likely to play out.

Which sounds a bit like what we did against Wolves not so long ago.

Assuming our Attacking prowess starts to bear fruit we will comfortably see off lesser teams. Therefore 14th is not unfeasible

as for odds, I'd have thought 305/51 was a better bet. :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Interesting analysis but apparently Wolves are going through a transformation of trying to be a team that dictates play rather than sit back and hit teams on the break, which they have done since being promoted. Looking at the stats it’s work in progress as they had very little possession. Anyway, seeing Leeds dominate but lose to a deflected goal made me smile.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

My mate and both said Leeds looked very Championship last night, alright first half and then ran out of steam like a championship side in a cup game against PL opposition.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I’m more confident that Burnley and Newcastle will stay up than us. We completely outplayed both but it doesn’t work like that. Got to capitalise in both boxes and we’re the opposite of that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here