Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Eastbourne Borough FC receiving Govt funding along with the rest of the NL Clubs

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Surely they could be allowed 600 fans like the Leagues directly below them, rather than using cash that could go elsewhere?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Langney Wanderers share their ground. They played each other pre season and made sure Langney were the home side so they could admit fans, if Borough had been the home side they wouldn't have been able to. Absolutely ludicrous.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've read somewhere that it is the most expensive league in England if you count expected costs vs expected income. Not surprised they need help, with or without 600 in the crowd.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I've read somewhere that it is the most expensive league in England if you count expected costs vs expected income. Not surprised they need help, with or without 600 in the crowd.

Just stop paying players at that level

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Just to clarify the position, the National League campaigned hard to be given ‘elite’ football status which allowed them to finish their 19/20 season. Now the elite status means they can’t have spectators.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Just to clarify the position, the National League campaigned hard to be given ‘elite’ football status which allowed them to finish their 19/20 season. Now the elite status means they can’t have spectators.

NL South didn't finish their season?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
NL South didn't finish their season?

They did, playoffs too.

600 spectators around a NL ground is safer than 600 at the tiers below given the stadium are usually bigger with larger terraces etc. 600 round a football pitch is actually very spread out. Eastbourne Borough has enough terrace and seating for 600 people to be 2m apart, so it’s a bit barmy we can be in a supermarket indoors at 3pm on a Saturday, but not outside spread out watching a game of football. :shrug:

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Just stop paying players at that level

What and expect local players to turnout and play for their local team for the fun of it, hanging around buying food & drinks after and enjoying themselves? What an incredibly novel idea, I like it.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ludicrous and a bit barmy are terms used to aim cheap shots at the Covid rules. Same being used in Manchester, Liverpool etc “I live on one side of the street and I can’t..... but he lives opposite me and he can........”, etc, etc. Look, there has to be rules and boundaries and sometimes it works for you and sometimes it doesnt (ask Pickford and Dunk) but to keep ridiculing the rules does no one any good. If people could be relied on to be sensible and use common sense We wouldn’t need so many rules

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
What and expect local players to turnout and play for their local team for the fun of it, hanging around buying food & drinks after and enjoying themselves? What an incredibly novel idea, I like it.
And you forgot to add the little bit of pride of playing for your home town team.

Never mind Eastbourne Borough I was surprised to learn that players at Eastbourne United all get paid not a bad match fee.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ludicrous and a bit barmy are terms used to aim cheap shots at the Covid rules. Same being used in Manchester, Liverpool etc “I live on one side of the street and I can’t..... but he lives opposite me and he can........”, etc, etc. Look, there has to be rules and boundaries and sometimes it works for you and sometimes it doesnt (ask Pickford and Dunk) but to keep ridiculing the rules does no one any good. If people could be relied on to be sensible and use common sense We wouldn’t need so many rules

I've just scrolled back....posts do say ludicrous and a bit barmy....who knew. :shrug:

No one has suggested they would break said rules, or that they're unreasonable, just discussing their application. Are you suggesting we revert to such a state of subjugation that we cannot even discuss rules?

Last edited:

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I've just scrolled back, no one has said ludicrous or barmy. :shrug:

No one has suggested they would break said rules, or that they're unreasonable, just discussing their application. Are you suggesting we revert to such a state of subjugation that we cannot even discuss rules?

You did say barmy in your previous post referring to supermarket rules v stadiums.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I've just scrolled back, no one has said ludicrous or barmy. :shrug:

See post #2 and post #7 (yours I believe)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here