Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Union is more united today the British one or the European one?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
serious question then, what are the technical and practical differences between a federal system and the current devolved powers? on the surface they look alike, so what should change.

Guess devo-max for Scotland. Frankly, I really don't know its enough and the border in the Irish and NI's unique status pours petrol on the fire.

Also Johnson is a real problem north of the border, switching leader might help. My fear is the cast is set...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
All in all,do you believe Princess Tony’s dream for devolution is going well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I was never really in favour of what happened in 97 infact I never voted for TB, but we are where we are and with that comes responsibilities and consent which the Tories have neglected.

Remember when Cameron & co. pleaded with them to stay in the UK because we were EU members?

I have no time for the SNP, wait for a Brexit style nationalist tactics to be used in reverse. They've will have learn a lot...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nicko will be very very disappointed ...
Er, how? It's a newspaper column with one man's take on it, and is very easily taken apart. Not least because that parliament is designed to make it very difficult for a majority to be formed, yet the SNP came within one seat of doing so.

But also; consider John Redwood - a Brexiteer who also happens to be thicker than a whale omelette - did much the same last week. He tweeted: "the Scottish election showed a majority of those voting averaging the constituency and top up vote voted to stay in the U.K. The U.K. government saying NO to a referendum is reflecting the wishes of Scottish voters. The SNP failed to win the vote for a referendum"

Funnily enough, his fellow thick Brexit gammon types don't want to apply this "logic" to whether we should have had a confirmatory referendum after the last GE. Funny that...

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Er, how? It's a newspaper column with one man's take on it, and is very easily taken apart. Not least because that parliament is designed to make it very difficult for a majority to be formed, yet the SNP came within one seat of doing so.

But also; consider John Redwood - a Brexiteer who also happens to be thicker than a whale omelette - did much the same last week. He tweeted: "the Scottish election showed a majority of those voting averaging the constituency and top up vote voted to stay in the U.K. The U.K. government saying NO to a referendum is reflecting the wishes of Scottish voters. The SNP failed to win the vote for a referendum"

Funnily enough, his fellow thick Brexit gammon types don't want to apply this "logic" to whether we should have had a confirmatory referendum after the last GE. Funny that...

Casual racism....nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Nicko will be very very disappointed ...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Yes, I am disappointed the SNP have managed to get a INDY majority together with the greens. Sadly, I don't think the SNP falling short by 3000 in one Aberdeen seat to deny them an absolute majority will make the problem disappear for Johnson.

It is something the UK could do without, but situation has been created by the Tories and enablers like yourself. I don't just Brexit, but for Scotland it could well be the straw that broke the camels back.

Anyway bit of a read for you on where things go from here and where things go next. I'm only a third in and the break up of the UK makes our exit from the EU look like a vicars tea party

Capture.PNG

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Yes, I am disappointed the SNP have managed to get a INDY majority together with the greens. Sadly, I don't think the SNP falling short by 3000 in one Aberdeen seat to deny them an absolute majority will make the problem disappear for Johnson.

It is something the UK could do without, but situation has been created by the Tories and enablers like yourself. I don't just Brexit, but for Scotland it could well be the straw that broke the camels back.

Anyway bit of a read for you on where things go from here and where things go next. I'm only a third in and the break up of the UK makes our exit from the EU look like a vicars tea party

View attachment 136624

And here’s the prequel, funnily enough I’m a third of the way through too, and go’s someway to explaining why there was a rise in English Nationalism and who was responsible!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
aeee46fa35edd77657db4bf77e750ed2.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And here’s the prequel, funnily enough I’m a third of the way through too, and go’s someway to explaining why there was a rise in English Nationalism and who was responsible!!!!!

aeee46fa35edd77657db4bf77e750ed2.jpg

Well the victimisation might be working amongst English nativists but sadly its not washing with them north of the border or west of Chepstow for that matter

They seem pretty happy with left or of centre parties.

For them you need another book, maybe you could write one

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Well the victimisation might be working amongst English nativists but sadly its not washing with them north of the border or west of Chepstow for that matter

They seem pretty happy with left or of centre parties.

For them you need another book, maybe you could write one

Give it a go you might learn something…

Amazing how easily you dismiss something eh, here’s what a former Labour MP says about the book.

For anyone who wants to see a Labour government again, read this book. It’s a bitter pill to swallow but it’s essential medicine for some parts of the Left if they are serious about renewing the bond with the people they were founded to represent.”
Gloria de Piero, former Labour MP for Ashfield

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Give it a go you might learn something…

Amazing how easily you dismiss something eh, here’s what a former Labour MP says about the book.

For anyone who wants to see a Labour government again, read this book. It’s a bitter pill to swallow but it’s essential medicine for some parts of the Left if they are serious about renewing the bond with the people they were founded to represent.”
Gloria de Piero, former Labour MP for Ashfield

Not relevant to thread

END--

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Not relevant to thread

END--

Don’t be to quick to cancel, it links Tony Blair’s devolution of the UK to the rise of English Nationalism, which ultimately lead to many dis franchised Northern Voters identifying with Brexit as their way to give the establishment a bloody nose, Brexit as you know has lead to the surge in a second Scottish referendum and indeed the mess that is NI, so I think you’ll find it’s not the END [emoji6]

As I said it’s a prequel so therefore the BEGINNING.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

View attachment 136624

Nah, you were hoping they would do even better so you could take the catastrophising to the next level. Btw more people voted for pro-union parties than pro-Independence parties.

No surprise at your choice of reading material though ..

primarily it is a howl of rage about Brexit. Like millions of heartfelt Remainers, Esler is grieving because the European part of his identity has allegedly been erased. He is more furious about this than just about anyone other than Alastair Campbell. - Iain Martin The Times

I wonder if it's possible to reach peak overload in Confirmation bias ...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Nah, you were hoping they would do even better so you could take the catastrophising to the next level. Btw more people voted for pro-union parties than pro-Independence parties.

No surprise at your choice of reading material though ..

primarily it is a howl of rage about Brexit. Like millions of heartfelt Remainers, Esler is grieving because the European part of his identity has allegedly been erased. He is more furious about this than just about anyone other than Alastair Campbell. - Iain Martin The Times

I wonder if it's possible to reach peak overload in Confirmation bias ...

Well if there is anyone who is going to have a view on how United the British Union is, it will be an ardent Unionist and supporter of the Conservative and Unionist Party who voted to have a border put in the Irish sea between Northern Ireland and the rest of Britain :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here