Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Union is more united today the British one or the European one?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
The discussion whether Scotland would be better outside of the UK is another one, I don’t think it would be a good move but when hard nationalism takes over things can happen as we know?

Scotland is a massive issue for Johnson that isn’t going away anytime soon, Scottish elections next May could prove pivotal. In 2014 the Tories used EU membership as a lever to keep Scotland in the Union and secure a vote NO in the referendum, ie leave UK you leave EU which is great. Within months Cameron changed tack and took the path in an flawed EU referendum process and the rest of history, the Scots feel betrayed and have been side lined in the whole Brexit process.

Then Johnson arrived a PM with really an English centric agenda, he soon realised Vote Leaves Brexit lies were undeliverable and the only solution to Irish issue was a customs border in the Irish sea giving NI unique status. So of course Scotland now say, why can’t we have special status? What a complete mess and all the time Brexiters parade the Union flag as it somehow its their own, the irony. The EU27 look on and see nothing to like and the worse is still to come with trade sanctions in the middle of a global pandemic. It was the EU Single market (wasn’t that our idea?) that prepared the foundations for the Good Friday Agreement (effectively a UK/Eire Schengen area).

Sadly its increasing looking like our membership was the glue that kept our unique Union of nations intact. My only hope is Johnson departs quickly and someone that unites the country appears but it may already be too late, it’s a long way back

You started this thread asking a question, as if seeking a genuine answer, but now all the prejudice is out.

The fact that the SNP run Scotland is a failure of the mainstream political parties, both red and blue (and yellow). The SNP have done a great job in reinterpreting their Nazi supporting history, by essentially taking Labour’s political ground with a bruising approach to Tory Governments.

You may think their electoral success is pivotal, I don’t, because it doesn’t change the critical question of Scottish independence, which is how are they going to run their economy if all the power is with HM Treasury in London?

You want to spin a narrative of lying Tories (and I am no supporter of them) but I can see the political manoeuvres and lies when I see them and to that end the SNP are as bad, if not worse.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...oil-figures-13-times-higher-than-reality.html

You think our membership of the EU is what held us together, yet we have had a referendum and a get Brexit done election and you still aren’t accepting the reality of democracy. The pound keeps Scotland to the U.K. more than anything, you are just too bigoted to understand it.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
You still haven’t answered my simple question on chicken origin labels, come on don’t be shy?

1ca7b0750c1a4ee3777594627db701d9.jpg

....and you want to deflect this discussion,

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You still haven’t answered my simple question on chicken origin labels, come on don’t be shy?

1ca7b0750c1a4ee3777594627db701d9.jpg

You asked me if I would answer and I said no. The following post from yours on that thread already shows the deceit in food labelling and that's with legislation in place, so think what it will be like when legislation is ignored. That's as much as you will get from me, but please don't use it as an excuse to troll.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
So many things that it now appears Brexit wasn't about, Immigration, Friction-less trade, New trade deals, Maintaining International Law, Animal welfare, Food Standards, Work Visas, Export tariffs, New Borders and red tape for moving things around Britain, Lorry Parks and queues, etc etc

Does make you wonder what it was all about, doesn't it :lolol::lolol::lolol:

it's flag waving and stopping Napoleon stealing our fish

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You asked me if I would answer and I said no. The following post from yours on that thread already shows the deceit in food labelling and that's with legislation in place, so think what it will be like when legislation is ignored. That's as much as you will get from me, but please don't use it as an excuse to troll.

You’re deflecting as always, I caught you out and you try your high and mighty face to get out of it!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Strange how Brexiteers want to stifle chat as Brexit unravels before their eyes.

Not much luck getting the usual suspects to answer the basic question of the thread, a lot of denial about the division they've created.

First the Tories divided the Union, now they try and divide England over covid. They giving it their best shot...

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Clearly they do care because they’re calling for MP’s to change how this food is labelled. As it says in the article you have posted. From April 2019.
You are very odd. And clearly have an agenda.

You are very odd. And clearly have an agenda............said the man with over 13,000 posts on a football supporters forum and who starts threads about refugees.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Not much luck getting the usual suspects to answer the basic question of the thread, a lot of denial about the division they've created.

First the Tories divided the Union, now they try and divide England over covid. They giving it their best shot...

The question was answered, you can’t compare a nation state such as the U.K. with common trading union of individual nation states like the EU.

One has the organs of a nation state, the EU doesn’t?

The only denial on this thread is yours..........it’s quite cute though, I reckon you must be about 12, you will learn soon enough.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You are very odd. And clearly have an agenda............said the man with over 13,000 posts on a football supporters forum and who starts threads about refugees.

Oh dear. You going into one of your meltdowns? I’ll leave you to it :)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The question was answered, you can’t compare a nation state such as the U.K. with common trading union of individual nation states like the EU.

To be honest I don't blame you for evading the question, if I was in your position I wouldn't even be on this thread

You can deny the question, but Brexit has helped unify the EU despite its own troubles. For the UK its an Irish Sea customs border to deal with and a desire for Scottish independence never seen before

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
To be honest I don't blame you for evading the question, if I was in your position I wouldn't even be on this thread

You can deny the question, but Brexit has helped unify the EU despite its own troubles. For the UK its an Irish Sea customs border to deal with and a desire for Scottish independence never seen before

This is too easy.......I have not evaded the question, I said you cannot compare a collection of nation states that have organised a common trading area with an individual nation state.

It’s only a valid comparison if you think the EU is an individual nation, if that’s what you believe you are entitled to the view but then you would be wrong.

It is probably what you want, and I will look forward to seeing the Germans finally transferring their surplus money to pay off debts of the Italians, Spanish etc.

Bon chance mon ami.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This is too easy.......I have not evaded the question, I said you cannot compare a collection of nation states that have organised a common trading area with an individual nation state.

It’s only a valid comparison if you think the EU is an individual nation, if that’s what you believe you are entitled to the view but then you would be wrong.

It is probably what you want, and I will look forward to seeing the Germans finally transferring their surplus money to pay off debts of the Italians, Spanish etc.

Bon chance mon ami.

We'll leave it at that

But, trust me its the last thing I want. I'm British above being European or English, its what's on my passport. I really hope the Union survives, if fails we really will become an irrelevance

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
We'll leave it at that

But, trust me its the last thing I want. I'm British above being European or English, its what's on my passport. I really hope the Union survives, if fails we really will become an irrelevance

Remoaners keep telling me Britain has already become an irrelevance (obviously angry because our membership of the EU has ended).
If the Jocks eventually decide for themselves to be an independent country and our Union becomes smaller, can we become an irrelevance twice?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here