Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Union is more united today the British one or the European one?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The UK is shattering. I can't see it surviving much longer.

No big deal, nothing wrong with just having England as my country.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think our union will survive in some shape or form but it’s pretty obvious that the EU is far stronger, more harmonious, and will prosper far more than the U.K.

In the past we could rely on the French or Spanish to attrit our Island until we surrender. Heck, even the Bosh had a go. Twice. But now we’ve done it to ourselves. All a bit pathetic really.
Probably the most suicidal action a nation has taken since the inhabitants of Rapa Nui lost their heads.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Does that translate as no comment?

I appreciate you got a serious weed up your arse, and a constant desire to shout all day long about the naughty UK daring to leave your beloved European Union but why the constant thread after thread, it’s tedious ffs.

And no that doesn’t translate to no comment.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Needs a poll.

Anyway, the EU is heading down the pan ergo British would be your answer.

1297212.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Needs a poll.

Anyway, the EU is heading down the pan ergo British would be your answer.

View attachment 129592

Yes the new passport no doubt feels better for about 5 minutes

The EU seem pretty united, any internal customs borders planned? Any members demanding a referendum with circa 60% support to leave?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Yes the new passport no doubt feels better for about 5 minutes

The EU seem pretty united, any internal customs borders planned? Any members demanding a referendum with circa 60% support to leave?

Ask the question once the rich parts of the EU are bailing out the poor parts as part of a fully integrated fiscal system.

Until that happens the question is like comparing the nutritional attributes of an apple with a dog turd.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Ask the question once the rich parts of the EU are bailing out the poor parts as part of a fully integrated fiscal system.

Until that happens the question is like comparing the nutritional attributes of an apple with a dog turd.

There are many questions of what might happen in the future, my question is for right now.

Johnson's cavalier approach to our Union needs to be considered

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
There are many questions of what might happen in the future, my question is for right now.

Johnson's cavalier approach to our Union needs to be considered

I answered it, and the question is not valid if it’s comparing a fully developed nation state with something that is not.

As for whether the U.K. is at breaking point, this was always a possibility with the pursuit of devolution by Tony Blair’s government, which let’s be fair was a hedge against future Tory Governments. When he rolled out the plan, it was based on the presumption that Scotland would always support Labour. If you want to find a perpetrator for breaking up the union it’s him.

As for whether the Scots will go, I think there’s more bluster than substance. The key will be whether or not the Scots want independence with England dictating their interest rates and economic strategy.

They could go for the Euro, but that was favoured by less than 10% of scots pre last referendum which is why the SNP plumped for the pound, which was not, as everyone sensible could tell was de facto independence.

The riches from the oilfields, over promised in 2016 are in the past so the economic narrative needs to change.

So, dry your mattress, unless the Scots have become economically illiterate it is not going anywhere soon.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I answered it, and the question is not valid if it’s comparing a fully developed nation state with something that is not.

As for whether the U.K. is at breaking point, this was always a possibility with the pursuit of devolution by Tony Blair’s government, which let’s be fair was a hedge against future Tory Governments. When he rolled out the plan, it was based on the presumption that Scotland would always support Labour. If you want to find a perpetrator for breaking up the union it’s him.

As for whether the Scots will go, I think there’s more bluster than substance. The key will be whether or not the Scots want independence with England dictating their interest rates and economic strategy.

They could go for the Euro, but that was favoured by less than 10% of scots pre last referendum which is why the SNP plumped for the pound, which was not, as everyone sensible could tell was de facto independence.

The riches from the oilfields, over promised in 2016 are in the past so the economic narrative needs to change.

So, dry your mattress, unless the Scots have become economically illiterate it is not going anywhere soon.

The discussion whether Scotland would be better outside of the UK is another one, I don’t think it would be a good move but when hard nationalism takes over things can happen as we know?

Scotland is a massive issue for Johnson that isn’t going away anytime soon, Scottish elections next May could prove pivotal. In 2014 the Tories used EU membership as a lever to keep Scotland in the Union and secure a vote NO in the referendum, ie leave UK you leave EU which is great. Within months Cameron changed tack and took the path in an flawed EU referendum process and the rest of history, the Scots feel betrayed and have been side lined in the whole Brexit process.

Then Johnson arrived a PM with really an English centric agenda, he soon realised Vote Leaves Brexit lies were undeliverable and the only solution to Irish issue was a customs border in the Irish sea giving NI unique status. So of course Scotland now say, why can’t we have special status? What a complete mess and all the time Brexiters parade the Union flag as it somehow its their own, the irony. The EU27 look on and see nothing to like and the worse is still to come with trade sanctions in the middle of a global pandemic. It was the EU Single market (wasn’t that our idea?) that prepared the foundations for the Good Friday Agreement (effectively a UK/Eire Schengen area).

Sadly its increasing looking like our membership was the glue that kept our unique Union of nations intact. My only hope is Johnson departs quickly and someone that unites the country appears but it may already be too late, it’s a long way back

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Another ridiculous non football thread.

Nsc has always had ridiculous non football threads. Family Fortunes, do you wipe your backside sitting down or standing up etc etc

You actively seek out Brexit or political threads just to have a moan on them, so do yourself a favour, and ignore them, or people might think you are just trolling.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Strange how Brexiteers want to stifle chat as Brexit unravels before their eyes.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The advisor to EUREP, one of Cameron's mob who resigned in 2018 stated that The EU would "tie Britain up with unfathomable bureaucracy that may take 10 years or longer to wade through". Sort of had it coming didn't they...??

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Strange how Brexiteers want to stifle chat as Brexit unravels before their eyes.

So many things that it now appears Brexit wasn't about, Immigration, Friction-less trade, New trade deals, Maintaining International Law, Animal welfare, Food Standards, Work Visas, Export tariffs, New Borders and red tape for moving things around Britain, Lorry Parks and queues, etc etc

Does make you wonder what it was all about, doesn't it :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Nsc has always had ridiculous non football threads. Family Fortunes, do you wipe your backside sitting down or standing up etc etc

You actively seek out Brexit or political threads just to have a moan on them, so do yourself a favour, and ignore them, or people might think you are just trolling.

You still haven’t answered my simple question on chicken origin labels, come on don’t be shy?

1ca7b0750c1a4ee3777594627db701d9.jpg

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
So many things that it now appears Brexit wasn't about, Immigration, Friction-less trade, New trade deals, Maintaining International Law, Animal welfare, Food Standards, Work Visas, Export tariffs, New Borders and red tape for moving things around Britain, Lorry Parks and queues, etc etc

Does make you wonder what it was all about, doesn't it :lolol::lolol::lolol:

The new one, an old returning favourite. The 'Australian deal', which appears to be identical to the Mongolian deal, and the Afghanistan deal. Im guessingn that calling it an 'Australlian deal' sounds a bit more appealing,

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here