Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Motd 18.10.20

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I thought the huge Palace v Brighton 'derby' would be on before Sheff Utd v Fulham game.

Alright lads no one understands the rivalry we get it by now

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It shows how good we could be that in a match where we had 20 shots that the main feature of our game is that we need to shoot more. Let’s hope that West Brom get the absolute hiding it feels we are going to hand out soon!

Agree with the pundits that the penalty was ridiculous and should be overturned. I wish people would compare that contact with the burn contact when he managed to get close to it but not jump properly.

Also agree it was a crazy challenge by dunk.

Murphy did say Lamptey’s hands shouldn’t have been that high (and he could have added on the player). In this current hand ball climate it is poor defending whatever way you cut it, we can learn from that or carry on expecting refs to be faultless

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Pretty much agreed it wasn't a pen by pundits. Also said they were frustrated with the lack of shooting.

I hope that our coaching team are in agreement with the latter. As Murphy said, its not difficult to resolve. When you've worked a chance, don't work it again, shoot.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Yeah agree, was very frustrating! The Maupay one where he cuts inside instead of shooting was the one that tipped it for me!

I have watched that over and over and for the life of me cannot understand why he doesn't shoot there. Every other striker would. You can easily score to either side of the keeper, he is stranded and the defender is too far away to get a block in.

The only explanation I can think of is that he was showboating.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
I hope that our coaching team are in agreement with the latter. As Murphy said, its not difficult to resolve. When you've worked a chance, don't work it again, shoot.
We seem to have ironed out those ridiculous short corners from the Everton game, so I expect shots galore next week now haha!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I have watched that over and over and for the life of me cannot understand why he doesn't shoot there. Every other striker would. You can easily score to either side of the keeper, he is stranded and the defender is too far away to get a block in.

The only explanation I can think of is that he was showboating.

maybe not confident with his wrong foot

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Alright lads no one understands the rivalry we get it by now

Because they say this every season, aren’t they now just a bit stupid or thick? I mean, it’s been explained to them many times now so if they’re still not understanding, surely the BBC needs to replace them with pundits who can grasp simple explanations?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
One thing I noticed on MOTD2 tonight when Maupay spazzed up that chance by cutting inside, was Solly to his left, completely in the open and audibly shouting "Neal...Neal...NEAL", before collapsing to his knees when Maupay's shot was (inevitably) blocked.

That said, Solly would probably have just tried to waltz round three more players before walking it round the keeper and doing a 'Sergei' before slotting it over the line from a yard. Danny Murphy was right, we are FAR too intricate when we get to the box and seem to want to walk it in.

Thankfully scotch argie arrived on the scene and showed what to do by just TWATTING it when the ball fell in front of him and he saw the whites of the posts. We really, REALLY need to do that more.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Because they say this every season, aren’t they now just a bit stupid or thick? I mean, it’s been explained to them many times now so if they’re still not understanding, surely the BBC needs to replace them with pundits who can grasp simple explanations?

Because when they say “I don’t understand it” what they actually mean is “I don’t respect it” and that is what they are implying twice a season instead.

It doesn’t have the history or the vitriol or the profile of other rivalries. That’s the comment they’re really making.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Because when they say “I don’t understand it” what they actually mean is “I don’t respect it” and that is what they are implying twice a season instead.

It doesn’t have the history or the vitriol or the profile of other rivalries. That’s the comment they’re really making.

Ahh, then they really are stupid because also, they can’t use the English language correctly either.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Why did Jonathan Pearce say "Toxic levels between rival fans of these two has risen worryingly"? AM i missing something? Always been a fierce rivalry but has it risen? I haven't seen aggression between fans half as bad as that 5-0 game at Selhurst.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why did Jonathan Pearce say "Toxic levels between rival fans of these two has risen worryingly"? AM i missing something? Always been a fierce rivalry but has it risen? I haven't seen aggression between fans half as bad as that 5-0 game at Selhurst.

Because you only need to fart at a football match these days and riot police get deployed. Look at how over excited Sussex police get or the Argus does when Palace come to town, and yet they still can’t control a bus load of Herbert’s impersonating ninjas. It’s no wonder JP has bought into the hype.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here