Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Palace (a)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ryan 6 -- distribution fine, but he's due multiple penalty saves
Lamptey 7 -- not his best game, but still caused a fair bit of havoc down that side
Webster 7.5 -- been our best CB this season
Dunk 6 -- decent enough, but no complaints for the red
Burn 6.5 -- did OK, one poor cross though ...
March 7 -- ... despite what's said of him, he put in a fair few good crosses
White 7.5 -- did a fine job in that role
Bissouma 7 -- good, up until the final ball/shot
Lallana 7 -- some nice touches
Trossard 6 -- didn't involve himself enough, but looked dangerous on a couple of occasions
Maupay 6 -- lots of positives, but he really should have hit that Lallana pass first time and buried it

Mac Allister 8 Mot1/6M -- really pleased for him, a stunning first touch on the pitch (that free kick), and another one to rescue a well deserved point
Gross 7 -- looks quite good in that role as it makes the most of his passing ability
Connolly 6

Stuart Attwell 1 -- to flag up the number of decisions he got right, and we had to wait until the 93rd minute for it too
Kevin Friend 2 -- at least he didn't rob us with that Batshuyi offside, but how he didn't overturn that 'penalty' is beyond me

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ryan 6. I wish he’d save a pen.
Lamptey 7. Doubled up on, still drove forward, unfazed by being roughed up by big units.
White 6
Webster 6
Dunk 8. Back to his defensive best. Regarding his moment of madness, I think he saw the glory of scoring a derby winner.
Burn 3. A bit of a wound-up heads gone today for me.
Bissouma 5. Started brilliantly, chaotic after they scored, silly shots from unlikely positions.
Lallana 7.5. Creative quality, always forward thinking, finding team mates effortlessly in tight situations.
March 7.5. Drove us forward, feeding Maupay etc, great ball retention, creative.
Trossard 4. Not at the races.
Maupay 4. Improved in the last 15 minutes, before that so poor at everything including ball control and being statuesque when Lallana, March or Lamptey fed him.

Mac A 7. Thank you sir.
Connolly 4.
Gross 4. Too late to shine.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Lamptey 7 -- not his best game, but still caused a fair bit of havoc down that side
Trossard 6 -- didn't involve himself enough, but looked dangerous on a couple of occasions
Maupay 6 -- lots of positives, but he really should have hit that Lallana pass first time and buried it

Mac Allister 8 Mot1/6M -- really pleased for him, a stunning first touch on the pitch (that free kick), and another one to rescue a well deserved point
Gross 7 -- looks quite good in that role as it makes the most of his passing ability
Connolly 6

Stuart Attwell 1 -- to flag up the number of decisions he got right, and we had to wait until the 93rd minute for it too
Kevin Friend 2 -- at least he didn't rob us with that Batshuyi offside, but how he didn't overturn that 'penalty' is beyond me

Pretty much this! only I'd have Lamptey at 6

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Ryan - 6 - Had nothing to do. Worrying that he got beaten at his near post for the offside goal though.

Dunk - 6 - Had a good game despite the red card which loses him a point.
Webster - 7 - Played well. Been our best CB since the restart
Burn - 6 - Few shakey moments but did okay overall.

Lamptey - 7 - Caused trouble but not as effective as he has been previously. No way it was a penalty.
March - 6.5 - His end product lets him down massively. One good cross (which Maupay should have burried) doesn't excuse some really poor efforts, good apart from that.
Bissouma - 8 - Okay, his shooting is all over the place but the amount of work he does is phenominal. Our most important player
White - 7 - 6 for the first half, 8 for the second. Took a while to grow in to the game but was excellent when he did.

Trossard - 5 - Just not his day, nothing came off for him.
Lallana - 7.5 - Same as White but a slightly better first half, grew in to the game massively in the second half. Such good close control and movement
Maupay - 5 - Worked hard and a real nuiscance but missed two brilliant chances which nearly cost us. The one where Lallana put him clean through and he took a touch too many was infuriating.

Subs:

Connolly - 7 - Scares the shit out of teams with his pace and running. Brilliant flick to set-up the goal & should have had a penalty imo.
Mac Allister - 8 - Was a great strike even before the deflection, and some real good set piece deliveries.
Gross - N/A - Not on long enough.

Potter - 8 - Got the subs right.
Officials - 3 - Softest penalty you'll ever see, let their LB stay on after a push right in front of the lino & then didn't give the Connolly penalty despite more contact there than their pen. Useless.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6- average

Ryan 6
Lamptey 6
Burn 6
Webster 6
Dunk 7 - minus 1 for sending off.
White 7
Bissouma 7
Lallana 8
March 6
Trossard 5 - would have subbed him a lot earlier
Maupay 6

Connolly 6 - ffs stand up
MacAllister 7 for the goal alone

Ref - 4 incredibly poor decision on pen. Sending off was correct

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Spot on. Friend hates us and has previous for being a ****

origigull

Jun 29, 2009

Connolly 6

Hmmm! I wonder if BHA can complain about the Refs and say we are not having them ref our games again.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Lamptey 7. Doubled up on, still drove forward, unfazed by being roughed up by big units.
White 6
Webster 6
Dunk 8. Back to his defensive best. Regarding his moment of madness, I think he saw the glory of scoring a derby winner.
Bissouma 5. Started brilliantly, chaotic after they scored, silly shots from unlikely positions.
Lallana 7.5. Creative quality, always forward thinking, finding team mates effortlessly in tight situations.
March 7.5. Drove us forward, feeding Maupay etc, great ball retention, creative.
Maupay 4. Improved in the last 15 minutes, before that so poor at everything including ball control and being statuesque when Lallana, March or Lamptey fed him.

Mac A 7. Thank you sir.
Connolly 4.
Agree with most of this. Bissouma a 6 and Connelly looked more of a threat than Mauapay so another 6.

In my opinion Potter got it wrong today. Alzate should have started and White stayed in defence. The team carried Trossard today and Maupay and Burn were not much better. We were too slow at getting a shot away. Welbeck and Zeqiri may not have long to wait to see what they have to offer 20 shots and only 3 on target tells its own story. Although I would like to see Connelly give more of a chance as I think he will eventually be more clinical than Maupay.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree with most of this. Bissouma a 6 and Connelly looked more of a threat than Mauapay so another 6.

In my opinion Potter got it wrong today. Alzate should have started and White stayed in defence. The team carried Trossard today and Maupay and Burn were not much better. We were too slow at getting a shot away. Welbeck and Zeqiri may not have long to wait to see what they have to offer 20 shots and only 3 on target tells its own story. Although I would like to see Connelly give more of a chance as I think he will eventually be more clinical than Maupay.

During the game when a comatose Maupay was second to everything, I thought it was crying out for Connolly and his pace to join him.

Imho it’s too soon for an inexperienced and lightweight Connolly to be the lone forward, he’d get bullied by pairs of EPL CB’s.

Jimmy Grimble

Who gives Burn a 3 lol

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Ryan 7 - No chance with Len, did everything else diligently
Lamptey 6 - Not at his absolute flying best but always an outlet and handled Palaces limited attaching threat down that flank well, a mark off for the penalty conceded
Burn 7 - We look much more solid and organised in set pieces with his presence, never lets us down
Webster 7 - Not overly troubled but coped adequately and distribution is much improved
Dunk 6 - Horror challenge for the sending off so I've had to knock two marks off for captain fantastic
White 8 - Terrific, really his his straps in the role
Bissouma 7 - A few wild efforts but I won't begrudge him that given his prowess from distance, drove us relentlessly forward.
Lallana 8 - Oozes class, faded a little but a creative outlet always troubling the Palace defence
March 7 - Not at his vintage best pre international break but still gave us plenty of attacking outlet and reliability.
Trossard 7 - A couple of lovely touches but not involved enough as I'd like, a peripheral figure
Maupay 7 - Workrate was outstanding and worked and stretched the Palace defence all day long. Didn't really happen for him in front of goal.

Connolly 6 - Meh
MacAllister 8 - Magnificent strike for the goal and really gave our attack an extra dimension

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
White 6
Webster 6

Mac A 7. Thank you sir.
Connolly 4.

This

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
White 6
Webster 6

Mac A 7. Thank you sir.
Connolly 4.

That’s harsh on Burn. More of a bang average 6, I’d say.
Fair enough on Trossard, Biss and Maupay. They have been big improvers since lockdown but didn’t deliver today.
Hopefully one day Ryan will get close to a pen!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Ryan 5
Lamptey 6
Webster 6
Dunk 5
Burn 4
Bissouma 7
White 7
Lallana 6
March 5
Trossard 6
Maupay 4

Mac Allister 7
Connolly 5
Gross 6

Final third is the problem, as always.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ryan - 6 - Had nothing to do. Worrying that he got beaten at his near post for the offside goal though.

Dunk - 6 - Had a good game despite the red card which loses him a point.
Webster - 7 - Played well. Been our best CB since the restart
Burn - 6 - Few shakey moments but did okay overall.

Lamptey - 7 - Caused trouble but not as effective as he has been previously. No way it was a penalty.
March - 6.5 - His end product lets him down massively. One good cross (which Maupay should have burried) doesn't excuse some really poor efforts, good apart from that.
Bissouma - 8 - Okay, his shooting is all over the place but the amount of work he does is phenominal. Our most important player
White - 7 - 6 for the first half, 8 for the second. Took a while to grow in to the game but was excellent when he did.

Trossard - 5 - Just not his day, nothing came off for him.
Lallana - 7.5 - Same as White but a slightly better first half, grew in to the game massively in the second half. Such good close control and movement
Maupay - 5 - Worked hard and a real nuiscance but missed two brilliant chances which nearly cost us. The one where Lallana put him clean through and he took a touch too many was infuriating.

Subs:

Connolly - 7 - Scares the shit out of teams with his pace and running. Brilliant flick to set-up the goal & should have had a penalty imo.
Mac Allister - 8 - Was a great strike even before the deflection, and some real good set piece deliveries.
Gross - N/A - Not on long enough.

Potter - 8 - Got the subs right.
Officials - 3 - Softest penalty you'll ever see, let their LB stay on after a push right in front of the lino & then didn't give the Connolly penalty despite more contact there than their pen. Useless.

No point in me writing out my thoughts and scores as it‘s ‘this’ [emoji3595]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If Pascal is going to be a last quarter Pirlo, he needs to work on his beard more

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here