Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watching the game with a Palace fan

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
So I just finished watching the match with my cousin who's a palace fan and he's fuming not because of the result but because of how much dominant we were. He said and I quote

" It's embarrassing but it would have been more embarrassing if we won, getting dominated at home to Brighton in the premier league with the players we have is unacceptable we play the type of football that makes a Tony Pulis team look modern. I would kill to have a manager like Potter at Palace"

It is worth saying he's a pessimistic fan anyways but still.

larus

So I just finished watching the match with my cousin who's a palace fan and he's fuming not because of the result but because of how much dominant we were. He said and I quote

" It's embarrassing but it would have been more embarrassing if we won, getting dominated at home to Brighton in the premier league with the players we have is unacceptable we play the type of football that makes a Tony Pulis team look modern. I would kill to have a manager like Potter at Palace"

How long do you need to self-isolate after the exposure though? :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So I just finished watching the match with my cousin who's a palace fan and he's fuming...........It is worth saying he's a pessimistic fan anyways but still.

Tell him to read our match day thread on here. Plenty of Brighton fans losing their beans too despite limiting Palace to one shot (a penalty) on goal. Might cheer him up a bit?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I can honestly say, and I was thinking this all the way along..

Thank Feck we have a team who try to play - and a manager like Potter. They were:

Anti football
Didn’t actually have a normal shot
Didn’t actually threaten once (offside one doesn’t count)
Time wasted pathetically for 75+ mins
Kicked the ball away to waste time / tried to wrestle the ball off our players to waste time
Had 1 shot which was a pen
Had a player (the diver) whos only influence on the game was to whinge at everyone and everything (no, taking a pen doesn’t count as participating)
Dived and moaned
Got away with several fouls and yellow cards
Feigned several injuries
Put together about 7 passes all game
Stuck 10 behind the ball for 100 mins

I could go on.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

What film have you decided to watch after the match.
I'd go for the Deliverance :D

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
TBH I'd have been furious if we'd put in that performance by them (and was when we did repeatedly with Hughton). Understandable if you're playing Liverpool or City, but not for other teams who will (realistically) be somewhere near you come the end of the season.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
62565227-7380-4EAA-8CB7-4B5868E67C8B.jpeg

Should be winning games like this.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
If i were a Palace fan I'd be furious with that performance. Total lack of ambition, dodgy penalty aside did they have a shot on target, or even a shot?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Well, Palace have largely cracked it. Defensively they are very compact and solid, going forward they have Zaha who is dangerous, Batshuayi who can't stand up and Townsend who is significantly more intelligent then any defender he'll come up against. He knows he's in a world on his own so he runs into space, lets others catch up and makes defenders give him fouls, throw ins, corners or let him cross a ball into the box knowing that his mates will probably find some way to engineer a penalty.

If Stuart Atwell (is a wanker) is the referee then they'll get at least 1 penalty per match and that might be enough.

I'm all for the progressive football, and clearly it was better watching us than that shower today. But I know who I imagine will be higher in the table at the end of the season, and probably more likely to have a decent run in the FA Cup. The main emotion for me today was frustration at how ineffective we were against a team with one tactic.

I thought Potter was a tactician? He didn't know that we didn't need a centre back in midfield to combat the no threat at all Palace's midfield has?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can honestly say, and I was thinking this all the way along..

Thank Feck we have a team who try to play - and a manager like Potter. They were:

Anti football
Didn’t actually have a normal shot
Didn’t actually threaten once (offside one doesn’t count)
Time wasted pathetically for 75+ mins
Kicked the ball away to waste time / tried to wrestle the ball off our players to waste time
Had 1 shot which was a pen
Had a player (the diver) whos only influence on the game was to whinge at everyone and everything (no, taking a pen doesn’t count as participating)
Dived and moaned
Got away with several fouls and yellow cards
Feigned several injuries
Put together about 7 passes all game
Stuck 10 behind the ball for 100 mins

I could go on.

It’s a great feeling when all those huge efforts to time waste, fall to ground, feign and cheat, COME TO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Watching a game next to a Palace fan. NEVER.... I’ve got two mates who are proper Palace but I wouldn’t go near them on match day

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Well, Palace have largely cracked it. Defensively they are very compact and solid, going forward they have Zaha who is dangerous, Batshuayi who can't stand up and Townsend who is significantly more intelligent then any defender he'll come up against. He knows he's in a world on his own so he runs into space, lets others catch up and makes defenders give him fouls, throw ins, corners or let him cross a ball into the box knowing that his mates will probably find some way to engineer a penalty.

If Stuart Atwell (is a wanker) is the referee then they'll get at least 1 penalty per match and that might be enough.

I'm all for the progressive football, and clearly it was better watching us than that shower today. But I know who I imagine will be higher in the table at the end of the season, and probably more likely to have a decent run in the FA Cup. The main emotion for me today was frustration at how ineffective we were against a team with one tactic.

I thought Potter was a tactician? He didn't know that we didn't need a centre back in midfield to combat the no threat at all Palace's midfield has?

Badger. You are deluded.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We decided that there was no point being in the top division if we had to play like that and changed direction.
Palace have no choice than playing like that, becasue they have to stay in the top division.

I don't know what BBS is like, but when we were playing that type of football, NSC was a very unhappy place.

I keep hearing that they have spent well in the window and yet they are partking the bus at home to the team in 15th place.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Tell him to read our match day thread on here. Plenty of Brighton fans losing their beans too despite limiting Palace to one shot (a penalty) on goal. Might cheer him up a bit?

I know I try and stay of this Forum to be honest even when we win there's negativity sometimes justified. It is also worth saying that the penalty was never a penalty. We have to be one of the unluckiest teams in the league when it comes to soft decisions against us.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If Palace hadn't got the penalty and taken the lead, no doubt they would have played the same and been happy with a 0-0 and not losing.

Not fun to watch.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here