Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Women vs Everton in the Womens Super League today - kick off 1pm

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I know there is another match going on today, and the matches overlap (sigh at the scheduling) but Albion Women play their next match in the Womens Super League today away against Everton. This will be another tough game against a team 2nd in the table but like the Mens team we have shown that we can give a good game against the top teams this season even if we don't come away with a result.

The match will be shown live on the FA Player (https://faplayer.thefa.com/home/all - need to sign up, but its free).

Manager Powell on the challenge this afternoon : https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1862795/powell-we-have-shown-spirit-in-tough-moments

UTA! :albion2:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I am so gutted these two games clash. May have to watch the WSL games second half after the Mens game.

Another tough away game, lets hope we play with energy we did agaisnt Arsenal but with a better rub of the green.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I'm going to try and watch both matches at once! :mad::smile:

Will be a very tough game, especially away from home. Everton are flying this season, but as we showed against Man City we can get at least a point against the top teams so I'm trying to stay optimistic!

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Team for today - looks decent. Good to see Brazil back on the bench too after her long injury layoff!

Ekmz559W0AAkyix.jpg

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Completely different contest, I’ve no enthusiasm for even if comes under BHAFC. I just don’t feel any connection to. Key is probably getting to a game but no chance of that right now. Best of luck ladies all the same.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Excellent delivery from Kaagman from a freekick and its put into her own net by Egurrola to give Brighton the lead!

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Deflected freekick strike by Christiansen beats Walsh in the Brighton goal so we're all square again.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The women's team has improved beyond recognition

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Despite going behind in the second half, a good performance from the Albion meant that we equalised through Whelan and even had chances to win it against a very good Everton side. A well earned point!

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Powell on Green's 'two yellows'
Result: Everton 2-2 Brighton

There was a strange incident in Brighton's draw at Everton today when Wales' Kayleigh Green appeared to be shown two yellow cards but the Seagulls player wasn’t sent off.

Brighton boss Hope Powell told BBC Sport: “I wasn’t sure. I said to the fourth official, ‘she couldn’t have given her a yellow?’ He said she had.

"So the referee has to be in control of that. It’s hard for me to comment because you will have to ask the referee if she gave a second yellow card as I don’t know.

"The fact that she was on the pitch? I don’t know. For us, the Gods were on our side today. If she did get a second yellow then I am sure, if I was Everton, I wouldn’t be pleased about that.”

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So our U18s beat Arsenal 5-0, U23s beat Liverpool, Women drew with top of the table Everton, and we didn't get beat by the worlds luckiest team. Not a bad weekend and the future is bright.

And NSC still has dozens of negative moany posts about our club :thumbsup:

Ha just seen one of our players got 2 yellows but stayed on, swings and roundabouts today from refs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here