Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Best way, in your opinion, to cook back bacon for insertion into a sandwich.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well? Is it grilling, frying or oven baking? And for the best bacon sandwich the fat has to crisp up a bit doesn’t it?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I fry it but add no oil to the pan (get pan v hot first).....and yes, has be crispy. Streaky bacon cooks much crispier than back. Leave for a minute or two on kitchen roll after cooking to crisp up even more [emoji16]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
oven baking is much underrated method for bacon, cleaner and less fuss. not sure about getting crispy, imo back bacon is overcooked to crisp up.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Frying. In a smidgen of oil. Med/high heat. Yes, the fat has to crisp up. Try Philip Warren (online) for some of the best bacon I’ve had. Excellent meat generally - suppliers to many starred restaurants - and surprisingly cheap.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
On a griddle.

I don’t like mine cooked too much, I’m not that keen on ‘crispy’ food.

Except roast potatoes, obviously.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
I LOVE bacon, I just can't eat it....

It brings me out in rashers!:O

You may not think it's funny but you'll never forget it and you'll use it yourself when the oppotunity arises.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Best way, in your opinion, to cook back bacon for insertion into a sandwich.

Well? Is it grilling, frying or oven baking? And for the best bacon sandwich the fat has to crisp up a bit doesn’t it?

Well there's your first mistake. You don't insert, you layer :rolleyes:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Fried on a griddle, then pour baked beans on top and cook the beans in the bacon fat until the tomato sauce in the beans has firmed. Pile onto sourdough and have a sex wee.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Best result is frying. Oven works well if I'm busy.

You can't do good bacon with shit pans as they lose too much heat and start boiling the bacon. Got to be a heavy bottom.

I add a small amount of oil, I know some people don't but I prefer the flavour. Very high heat to start with then turn it down to medium to get a decent crisp and give the fat time to render. Season with pepper, occasionally rosemary.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Grilling for me before insertion into a lightly toasted homemade granary sub roll with a squish of tomato sauce. Marvellous!!

Or the upgraded version, when in season, of the addition of sliced homegrown Cherry Tomato's and a few sprigs of Rocket and some mayo. Even more marvellous!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here