Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Fortunately I'm not the one who has to "deal with it". It's the starving kids who have to "deal with it".

Where are the starving kids?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/record-high-levels-of-severe-obesity-found-in-year-6-children

Poor kids have never been fatter.......kids aged 4-6 in deprived areas are 4 times more likely to be obese than kids in less deprived areas.

If it’s as bad as you suggest charities need to stop sending aid out to 3rd world..........or maybe Bob needs to organise another concert?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Where are the starving kids?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/record-high-levels-of-severe-obesity-found-in-year-6-children

Poor kids have never been fatter.......kids aged 4-6 in deprived areas are 4 times more likely to be obese than kids in less deprived areas.

If it’s as bad as you suggest charities need to stop sending aid out to 3rd world..........or maybe Bob needs to organise another concert?

Is that not at least partly because cheap processed foods are also the most unhealthy?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
122809918_386073876096688_1419988222319631982_o.jpg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
My word. This thread is an utter cesspit of racist scumbags isn't it. Those trying to argue with them should just step back and let them toss each other off over Farage and Yaxley-Lennon videos. Amazing stuff. Like watching rats who've been injected with ketamine stumbling about trying to bite something.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Is that not at least partly because cheap processed foods are also the most unhealthy?

Are you seriously saying the poor cannot buy cheap unprocessed food that is healthy?

If you are then the answer will be a no deal deal brexit with zero tariffs on food imports...........and fruit and vegetables in particular.

Good news, let’s get the social media campaign going.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
divide and rule

Indeed, as far as the royal society for public health is concerned the country’s young are in the grip of an obesity crisis. We need to reduce sugar, cut down on serving size, reduce calories and exercise more.....

https://www.rsph.org.uk/our-work/policy/obesity/the-child-s-obesity-strategy-.html

Those adherents to the pious order of St Marcus are concerned about the country’s young starving in the street for want of a crust of bread, shoeless, dirty cheeked riven with rickets and consumption.

Won’t someone think of the children.........

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Are you seriously saying the poor cannot buy cheap unprocessed food that is healthy?

If you are then the answer will be a no deal deal brexit with zero tariffs on food imports...........and fruit and vegetables in particular.

Good news, let’s get the social media campaign going.

the great unwashed don't do fresh fruit and veg unfortunately.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010

Anyone can buy cheap unprocessed food that is healthy, I just think there is more to it than your binary view that 'poor kids are fat and therefore shouldn't get free school meals'. It doesn't take into account; social pressures, advertising, resources and know how.

I think there should be public health campaigns with simple recipes etc but as Jamie Oliver showed, the processed food industry is deeply entrenched in society.

Last edited:

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Those adherents to the pious order of St Marcus are concerned about the country’s young starving in the street for want of a crust of bread, shoeless, dirty cheeked riven with rickets and consumption.

Won’t someone think of the children.........

Your hilarious joke would be funnier if it wasn't well publicised that rickets actually is IS on the rise amongst children in the UK.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
the great unwashed don't do fresh fruit and veg unfortunately.

All the while the great unwashed or anyone else for that matter is choosing to avoid fruit and veg then I would suggest they are NOT hungry, and definitely not starving.

When China was devastated by Mao’s Great Leap Forward, in some villages people swapped children so that they didn’t have to kill and eat their own child.

When you are genuinely starving you would do anything, including eat fruit and veg.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Anyone can buy cheap unprocessed food that is healthy, I just think there is more to it than your binary view that 'poor kids are fat and therefore shouldn't get free school meals'. It doesn't take into account; social pressures, advertising, resources and know how.

I think there should be public health campaigns with simple recipes etc but as Jamie Oliver showed, the processed food industry is deeply entrenched in society.

Well, let’s be clear on some of these points.

There is no such thing as free school meals.........they are not free it is paid for by taxpayers.
Poor kids with parents on benefits before Covid lockdown are receiving more in benefits now than before Covid so nothing has changed for them, providing school meals throughout holidays never happened before.
Poor kids with parents on furlough is a different matter, and this constituency have a better claim, however there is no EVIDENCE that these are the kids who are malnourished.

So, where is the fire?

Saint Marcus and his zealots are tilting at windmills, your points about Jamie Oliver are a case in point, his campaign was in response to rising obesity, not starvation.

Conflating the 2 issues is absurd, I am all for protecting the poor but the poor in this country are not starving, statistically they are fatter than the rich. FACT.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Your hilarious joke would be funnier if it wasn't well publicised that rickets actually is IS on the rise amongst children in the UK.

Hmm if you have read the prognosis behind the well publicised increase (to approx 700 cases a year) I am pretty sure there is a view that a contributing factor in the increase is our weather.

It would appear that even our weather is racist..........Nazi Sun off our sky!

Perhaps that’s why it took till 1978 for our first black international footballer?

Looks like Saint Marcus will need to get into the miracles business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here