Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I think your quote is illogical since this is what taxes are for, they are not subsidies, and many of the recipients would also be taxpayers.

I’m agnostic about the application, I used the term as it was a direct reference to the post I was responding to.

However since you raise the point, I would not say it’s use was illogical, in many respect tax payers are subsidising many Government services, for example people say the NHS is free, it’s not it’s subsidised by the U.K. taxpayer.

What is a Subsidy?
A subsidy is a benefit given to an individual, business, or institution, usually by the government. It is usually in the form of a cash payment or a tax reduction. The subsidy is typically given to remove some type of burden, and it is often considered to be in the overall interest of the public, given to promote a social good or an economic policy.

What do you think.....based on the above is it illogical to refer to taxpayer funded school meal programmes that are free to poor pupils as subsided?

I don’t think so but I will bow to your evident superiority in English language.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
is a subsidy paying 30 million for ppe to a company that doesn't have any ppe and then that ppe doesn't eventuate and nothing gets said about it...?? is that a subsidy..?

Jan 30, 2008

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Were they forced to get into the boat , of course they weren't, they could still be alive ???
Regards
DF

Years ago I remember a lad on a building site I was working on that used to cadge himself £5 off other builders if he jumped off the first floor scaffold into a full water butt.

He did it quite a few times, and inevitably one day he ended up missing one day and broke his legs and back.

There is the essential juxtaposition between risk and reward.

I thought he was a stupid **** myself, I had no sympathy.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Years ago I remember a lad on a building site I was working on that used to cadge himself £5 off other builders if he jumped off the first floor scaffold into a full water butt.

He did it quite a few times, and inevitably one day he ended up missing one day and broke his legs and back.

A profound comparison between the life threatening desperation of trying to find a better life and jumping in a water butt for a bet. No wonder the Bear Pit is limited to less that 20 viewers at a time.

Jan 30, 2008

Reap what you sow , reckless behaviour ends in tragedy
Regards
DF

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
A profound comparison between the life threatening desperation of trying to find a better life and jumping in a water butt for a bet. No wonder the Bear Pit is limited to less that 20 viewers at a time.

Well that diversity for you.

No doubt the families of the Manchester bombing could off an entirely different perspective?

Tragedies everywhere, but what are we to do?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Regretfully the parents of such children, in number, are not interested in investing time , money or enthusiasm in feeding their children healthy food, many children only have one parent at home, and that parent often sees mealtime as annoyance and will quite literally fill the hole quickly and unimaginative as possible, chicken nuggets and chips 3 times a week.

If you gave this type of parent £100 xtra a week do you think they would spend it on fresh fruit , veg and start cooking from scratch?

Thankfully the birth rate in the UK is falling which means ultimately in 20 years there will be less children in poverty.

I feel that each family's needs should be taken on merit or otherwise, rather than a blanket policy being introduced whereby families, or what passes for families, such as you describe, simply pocket more cash to spend how they please At the very least I would hope that help such as this is given in the form of vouchers to be spent wisely in supermarkets rather than, say, KFC From years of dealing with families whilst in pastoral roles in secondary schools, I can, sadly, only confirm that I have little faith that extra help will be spent wisely and that paying for hot meals for years on end, will be taken advantage of

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

You really are one thick, ignorant, racist, ****.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well that diversity for you.

No doubt the families of the Manchester bombing could off an entirely different perspective?

Tragedies everywhere, but what are we to do?

I know it's really difficult for the likes of you and Ppf, but not acting like complete dicks could be a start.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I know it's really difficult for the likes of you and Ppf, but not acting like complete dicks could be a start.

The two of them serve as a useful reminder that the U.K. faces an uphill struggle with ignorant fools like them out there.
Luckily, not even our government is quite as racist and unfeeling as them. Not far behind though.

Luckily, these two gonks are in the minority and really are on the wrong side of history. We can only count our blessings that we are not their family or co-workers or anyone else unfortunate enough to have to spend time with them.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thank the Tories for helping boost our bonuses and share options?

But that would imply that [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] would sell out his own scoomber family for a few quid (including his dad, who only beat him for 'his own good') and the odd PFI contract. I'm sure the principled individual who appears on NSC wouldn't do that. You must be mistaken, shirley :lolol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Don't try to debate with a racist halfwit. He may use flowery language and quotes, but underneath the veneer he's just a horrible bigot who is wrong about almost everything.

Plus once he gets actual debate and is put in his place, be runs away like a small child for a while. Probably hoping that everyone's forgotten his previous embarrassments. Then pops up a few months later on any thread where there's a racist angle to be had.

How very sad.

Sorry to ask, because I can't be bother to look, but out of interest has he come out with the 'I'm just a sheet metal workers son from Whitewawk' one yet as well?

Jan 30, 2008
The two of them serve as a useful reminder that the U.K. faces an uphill struggle with ignorant fools like them out there.
Luckily, not even our government is quite as racist and unfeeling as them. Not far behind though.

Luckily, these two gonks are in the minority and really are on the wrong side of history. We can only count our blessings that we are not their family or co-workers or anyone else unfortunate enough to have to spend time with them.
You've been living in a bubble for to long , reality is no friend of yours
Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here